Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at work yesterday I was lookin at the shocks and struts of the '07 Cobalt. I was thinkin about putting the FE5 suspension from the SS on my LS. Well for the front at least...the aftermarket shocks are the same for the SS and the LS from Monroe which I thought was interesting. They come with a LTD Lifetime Warranty so I might get these when I get my lowering springs for the front. Oh btw they are around $90/strut. What do ya'll think? Dealer maybe a yr warranty....aftermarket Lifetime? Idk

M

·
0 Posts
what sort of limited lifetime warranty? there could be some fine print there...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the receipt is in the computer system for 2yrs then it purges out of our system. All you really have to do..is keep up with the receipt...what I do is photocopy them cuz the other paper fades and keep the photocopied receipt in the glove box or w/e. If something happens to them...just bring them back and you get new ones. Just that simple.

S

·
0 Posts
SS and LS struts are not the same. They look the same... but are set up totally different. The "universal" struts that are available from a shop like mieneke would probably be a decent improvement for a LS... but not for a SS.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The computer system at Advance are saying the part numbers are the same for the SS and the LS I know that they are different from the factory but as far as aftermarket parts that we sell...they are the same. For an '05 Cobalt SS and the LS the part numbers are the same. For the SS and LS the part number is 72179 Monroe Sensa-trac.

·
Registered
135 Posts
GM cobalt suspensions are different. The LS/LT models are equipt with FE1 soft ride. The SS comes with FE3, and the SS/SC comes with FE5. The only difference between the FE3 and FE5 are as I have been told the front sway bar diameter. I repalced all my stuff with FE5 and sportlines about 14,000 miles ago. Havent had a problem yet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So your saying the struts from the ss/na and ss/sc are the same so all i have to do is change the sway bar for it to be identical? idk man..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thats what I have been told by other forum members. I didn't bother to check and see if the part numbers between FE3 and FE5 struts and shocks where the same because I know mine came with FE1. I just ordered FE5 parts and bolted them on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.