Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people put these badges on there cars? I have read people hate when they put SS badges on non SS Cobalts. But what about putting turbocharged badges on non turbocharged cars. Do people hate that just as bad as an SS badge or not?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
How many people put these badges on there cars? I have read people hate when they put SS badges on non SS Cobalts. But what about putting turbocharged badges on non turbocharged cars. Do people hate that just as bad as an SS badge or not?
Yes they do...

I don't see this thread going very far...lmao

·
Registered
866 Posts
lol............

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

what mike said, i just sat here for a minute and thought about this thread

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Its not a SS so why put the badge on unless your a ricer. If your not turbocharged..same thing. I had the turbocharged badge on my sedan tho..I hadreasons too tho :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, what if you just think it looks cool and puts a nice touch to the car? I would think its ok then. This is just a question i want to figure out. it doesnt matter to me if the thread doesnt go far.

·
Registered
866 Posts
ok, what if you just think it looks cool and puts a nice touch to the car? I would think its ok then. This is just a question i want to figure out. it doesnt matter to me if the thread doesnt go far.
People are going to do whatever they will with their cars. If they thing putting a turbocharged emblem on a non turboed car so be it. Anyone who knows something about cars that looks under the hood would be quick to call them out, but whatever makes people happy.

·
Registered
867 Posts
okay just to throw this in the mix, i know a guy in town has an SS balt, you can tell its an SS, body kit, bumper, lip kit, and stock SS wheels and wing,
had it debadged and then
he put the lettering cobalt ls on the trunk lol
that made my day when i saw that

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Then your a ricer.. And people are going to call you out for it. I absolutely hate it when people do that, you let the car speak for itself- NOT the badging... The badges are there only to advertise what the car is, by putting on a badge that does not apply to your car- you look like a tool. The car modding community will look down on you, all there is to it..

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
werd..I'm putting my SC badge on once I get my SC kit installed..no LTZ, SS, LT,LS badges..just the "SUPERCHARGED"

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I put SS badges on my LS for a short time after being snubbed by SS owners once. Really PO'd them. I'd do it again in a "heartbeat" for the same reason...LoL

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is like you taking an imitation gun out of your pocket to show someone because you think it is cool. The problem is someone with a real gun thinks you are doing something stupid and they shoot you with their real gun.

Cool is for kids, imitation is for the poor. Go real or stay home. Ricers need to grow up.

·
Registered
365 Posts
okay just to throw this in the mix, i know a guy in town has an SS balt, you can tell its an SS, body kit, bumper, lip kit, and stock SS wheels and wing,
had it debadged and then
he put the lettering cobalt ls on the trunk lol
that made my day when i saw that
Lmao

With my car, I could put on SS badges and most people (even some cobalt owners) would think its a real SS. But i didnt, cause there would be too much flame everywhere. The end.

But do it if you want. $10 emblems make your car (to some people) look like $5000 more - seems like a good deal to me :nuts:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.