Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all years of the SS body kit fit 05-06 cobalts? Will a coupe kit fit a sedan?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
short answer. no. The sedan and coupe have different rear ends.
So the front bumper cover and the side skirts fit but not the rear bumper cover, correct?

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

One more question - the front and rear bumper covers also include a lip right?

·
Registered
372 Posts
front bumper yes, side skirts i believe so but dont quote me.lol but no to the rear being interchangeable on sedans and coupes.

and to the second question, no. The tc came with a lip up front and in the rear. I believe the sc had no lip upfront. And only the coupes have the back lip at all. hail cesar retro fitted a lip on his back bumper but thats the only one ive ever seen on a sedan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a Cobalt SS body kit today! Front, Back, side skirts and Spoiler, one of the pieces is being repaired and I will pick it up tomorrow. Cleaned the rest of the kit today after getting it home.

One question I have for those that have installed the kit on their car is, for the side skirts has anyone mounted them using 3M double sided tape for the upper mounting points? The lower mounting holes under the car line up fine and I will screw them in but the upper mounting clips need holes drilled along the side for my car if I want to use the clips that came with the side skirts, and I'd rather use 3m tape if it will hold.

·
Registered
575 Posts
front bumper yes, side skirts i believe so but dont quote me.lol but no to the rear being interchangeable on sedans and coupes.

and to the second question, no. The tc came with a lip up front and in the rear. I believe the sc had no lip upfront. And only the coupes have the back lip at all. hail cesar retro fitted a lip on his back bumper but thats the only one ive ever seen on a sedan.
the SC has a lip and looks exactly like the TC except the tc has a slightly different grill and has one on the bottom as well

·
Registered
911 Posts
it is possible to make a sedan have a coupe rear end...very costly tho...u need to cut the 1/4 panel about 6" back from the trunk on the sedan...weld the 1/4 panel piece from the coupe onto the sedan...U need to contour the "new" 1/4 panel to a coupe trunk..since the coupes are more rounded near the top of the 1/4 panel than that of a sedan...it is alot of work especially to get it perfect...but totally possible...and yes u would need the coupe trunk

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
All front bumpers are interchangable 05-10
All sideskirts are interchangable. Coupe to sedan and vice versa 05-10
Rear lip fits all coupes 05-10 lip fits rear of SS sedan with very little modding to the lip and SS rear bumper.
The actual bumper is not interchangable between coupe and sedans unless serious body work is completed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.