Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna know if the Bremo calipers and pads from an SS will fit an LS (4 lug) Can someone help me out?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Your way in over your head with this one :wacko:

Its a LOT of work and not worth it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You can, but your current rims will not likely clear the calipers. Very few rims are known to clear.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hmmmm Well will they work on a LT 5lug with the LSJ 18" Rims?
The LSJ rims don't clear. Hence why GM ditched them for the 08+ SS. You can make them fit with I think a 5mm spacer (It may be 3mm, I'm not exactly certain).

·
Registered
104 Posts
The LSJ rims don't clear. Hence why GM ditched them for the 08+ SS. You can make them fit with I think a 5mm spacer (It may be 3mm, I'm not exactly certain).
Hmmm I thought they were the sime size and offset as the LNF

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hmmm I thought they were the sime size and offset as the LNF
The spokes don't clear on the LSJ rims. If you use them without spacers, it'll hit the caliper.

The LNF rims are designed with that extra clearance in mind, and do not touch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The spokes don't clear on the LSJ rims. If you use them without spacers, it'll hit the caliper.

The LNF rims are designed with that extra clearance in mind, and do not touch.
Make sense

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
you could always just get brembo brakes that arent off a cobalt, that are for a 4x100 bolt pattern, look up honda civic or focus svt rotors/calipers...idk, just an idea, havent looked into it, i just put on aftermarket slotted and drilled rotors that were 150 and they had no clearance problems with my 17's

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
You have the same knuckle as an ss/sc and they bolt to an ss/sc just fine

You would need to drill out a 4x100 pattern on a pair of TC rotors, or contact R1Concepts as they will take blank TC rotors and srill them 4x100 for an extra 20 bucks a rotor. If you do not have rear disc brakes, this probably int the best option for you as the brkae bias is waay off for the brembos with a rear drum setup. Also, I think your master cylinder in much smaller, and probably could not deal with the larger fluid volume.

So, do they bolt up? Yes. Is it worth the trouble? Probably not.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

You would need to drill out a 4x100 pattern on a pair of TC rotors, or contact R1Concepts as they will take blank TC rotors and srill them 4x100 for an extra 20 bucks a rotor. If you do not have rear disc brakes, this probably int the best option for you as the brkae bias is waay off for the brembos with a rear drum setup. Also, I think your master cylinder in much smaller, and probably could not deal with the larger fluid volume.

he just reminded me, take a look at the Scion Xb TRD rotors and calipers, i believe they are 4x100 and they wouldnt be to "juicy"

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
he just reminded me, take a look at the Scion Xb TRD rotors and calipers, i believe they are 4x100 and they wouldnt be to "juicy"
just because the lug pattern is right doesn't mean they'll fit. Scion rotors are teensy, and suck.

You need to take into account the overall diameter of the rotor, the size of the center hat, the offset, etc etc.

You're best buying blanks and doing it that way. I still don't recommend it.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

well thats the answer i was looking 4...thank you all, aftermarket set up it is lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.