Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the bowtie with a genuine Cobalt SS emblem!

Now it looks the way GM should have made it! So what do you think?

·
Registered
68 Posts
It looks good man! I did a similar thing, but I had one made from 24designs.net. I used the red bowtie shape because the conflicting angles of the bowtie and the angle I cut the stripes was bothering me, so I wanted the bowtie shape to blend in and I had the SS put on it. I like how yours looks!

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks good man! I did a similar thing, but I had one made from 24designs.net. I used the red bowtie shape because the conflicting angles of the bowtie and the angle I cut the stripes was bothering me, so I wanted the bowtie shape to blend in and I had the SS put on it. I like how yours looks!

Yours looks good too! I have a 24designs SS bowtie, but I decided not to use it. It is silver with a black SS. I thought it would look cool when I ordered it, but no so much when I got it! I am happy with this look though!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, making the bar shaped like a bowtie is a super FAIL by GM
Yeah, at first I didn't want to do it because of the bowtie outline on the grille bar, but it doesn't look too bad at all! What I wanted to do was put an SS emblem into a stock chrome bowtie but it just isn't feasible without some severe modding to the bowtie base.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Yeah, at first I didn't want to do it because of the bowtie outline on the grille bar, but it doesn't look too bad at all! What I wanted to do was put an SS emblem into a stock chrome bowtie but it just isn't feasible without some severe modding to the bowtie base.
I would try that. it would be really cool. In fact I would def. do it myself but I don't have an SS so no go haha

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would try that. it would be really cool. In fact I would def. do it myself but I don't have an SS so no go haha
I tried, but the inside of the bowtie base is oddly designed. It is uneven and would need ground out with a dremel or something drastic.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
yeah I've taken my bowtie apart. that's exactly what I'm saying. I'd buy a spare one and start hacking that thing apart and custom fabbing a new emblem. that's just me though. I'm really into fabrication and custom work lol

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fresh pics! I hate the reflections, though...

·
Registered
68 Posts
It does look good.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
super nice. and yeah overcast days are best for pics. power poles in reflection ftl. still nice pics though!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
OK from a distance and seems to be best with darker colors. Up close you still see the at least two blank holes and the bowtie base on the crossbar. Plus, emblem is flat and grill bar come to a peak in the center. Looks aftermarket or "add-on". As generic as the stock bowtie is, looks better that a add on attempt. Sorry.. just looks a little tacky. If you like the SS emblem there, go to a body shop to delete the bowtie outline, fill and refinish the holes and maybe build the center are up to match the SS emblem. Do it right or look like................
I bet you don't leave it on long.. like it is now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.