Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Welcome back! Thats one of my favorite cars on CarDomain I got my 2.4 front on ebay. The best advice I can give you is to just keep shopping periodically. That's what I did for a while every week or so and eventually came along the 2.4 bumper for $200 shipped with very minor scratches.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The kit in that link is actually a 2.4 front bumper with the RK sport lip kit. It is an awesome cobalt though! I love how he used his Injen intake as part of his turbo piping!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi im new obviously, but i want to get the ss or lt2 front bumper cover and possibly rear for my ls as well but i cant find any info on wether or not the mounting brackets etc. are the same or not can any of you point me in the right direction? thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
The SS bumper will bolt up directly to your LS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
okay cool thanks they tried to tell me at work that i would have to buy the brackets and everything. but it just didnt seem right, i guess they'll try and make money off of anyone even they're own employees.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah it will work it has been done many times over, I drive a 06 LS and I have my sideskirts, and I just bought my SS bumper. I am trying to convince someone to sell me there front lip, now I just have to find the SS rear bumper and lip and my body mods will be complete.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
SS bumper on a LS ....

fits fine. comes down lower to the ground then the rest of the car so you mihgt wanna get the sideskirts with it tooo

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
only thing bad bout buying the 2.4 bumper or ss bumper is you would have to buy foglights and all that and wire it all up so they work

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i want side skirts for my ls bc about 6 months ago i noticed a huge dent under my door. looks as if someone kicked it. i have no clue how it got there. id get it fixed but i have no clue if its even fixable.
pisses me off.

·
Banned
164 Posts
ok guys long time no see but im back havent done much to hte balt but i did debage if you want pics ill post some its not the exciting haha anyways looking for the ss body kit for the ls...the link prvided has a ls with the kit and i went to the site but couldnt find it anyone got any ideas?...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2679030
his car has the RK sport lip kit as well as the 2.4 ss bumper which is wayyy different than what comes on a 2.0 SS

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
ok guys long time no see but im back havent done much to hte balt but i did debage if you want pics ill post some its not the exciting haha anyways looking for the ss body kit for the ls...the link prvided has a ls with the kit and i went to the site but couldnt find it anyone got any ideas?...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2679030
Dude i think i found my new fav balt. Damn thats super clean. How hard was it to turbo it?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I think you also need the bumper support behind the bumper. correct? I know it can be done without it, but it isn't very solid.

his car has the RK sport lip kit as well as the 2.4 ss bumper which is wayyy different than what comes on a 2.0 SS

the 2.4 bumper is the same as the 2.0 bumper, It just doesn't have the lip.

·
Banned
164 Posts
I think you also need the bumper support behind the bumper. correct? I know it can be done without it, but it isn't very solid.

the 2.4 bumper is the same as the 2.0 bumper, It just doesn't have the lip.
i meant that the rk sport lip kit with the ss bumper will look wayy different than what an ss kit does...lol my bad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.