Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the front seats off a guy trying to retrofit them into a 68 Camaro o_O, he couldnt fit them apparently so I bought them for 250 cash (not bad considering one was wrapped in plastic). Went to pick them up off him and the ****** angle grinded the mounting brackets off one of the seats! Despite the fact that he neglected to mention that part, and the hour I drove to pick them up I bought them anyways.

Next day went to install and figured I would just swap the old seat for the passenger side seat and use the leather upper and lower, but go figure his seats were from like an 05 with no air bag sensor or seatbelt sensor >_<, so i had to tear the upholstery off the lower part to get to the sensor, then after that i had to take off the seat belt mount off the mounting frame to find it was a MASSIVE torx bit, and i didnt have one :mad: so had to go next door to my grandpas for like 30 mins to get one tool =p

Back home and with the passenger seat installed i went at the drivers seat. Had to replace the mounting frame(s) for my 09 ones cause of the "missing brackets" and find out i put the upper back of the seat on wrong because it wouldnt recline up >_< Put the seat back in then forgot side coverings on both seats, so had to take them both off, then once in i realized the drivers lower part of the seat had like a 2 inch gap from the back, took it out again to discover i messed up the position of some bar underneath the seat? But finally fixed it and assembled the seat back together...

So what should of taken like 30 mins to remove 4 bolts and 3 sensors in the two seats took like 4 hours thanks to some very unsuccessful persistant muscle car enthusiast. But hey it looks amazing =D

Ill have pics up tomorrow =)

·
Registered
610 Posts
hey at least you got it to work!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I had to swap over the passenger air bag sensor when i got my ss seats as well. All my brackets were there tho... can't wait to see pics

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Damn that is a weird situation to be in lol, its a good thing you got them in, probably worth the struggle. As everyone else waiting on pics of both seats and said bracket lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So sorry it took so long, had to borrow my brothers camera -__- anywho here they are:

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

oh and thats a preview of my painted dash (around the air vents) =p

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
coool but not feeling the SS branded seats in a LS
if they were the leather ones that came in the SS/na which is pretty much the same seat w out the SS on the seat than id totaly like.

·
Registered
441 Posts
and that my friends is why i have other help me so if i get laughed at so do they lol. sorry to hear the boody horror story hopefully u got everything worked out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.