Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone have the part number for the lower valance that covers the area at the bottom of the bumper on an 2010 LS so you don't see the underside?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Almost everything is swappable. (Minus the engine parts, unless you do a supercharger swap)

Except for the rear bumper, tail lights and trunk.(unless you find a 4dr T/C) Everything else will work.

Side note: '08-'10 T/C control arms will not fit in the LS/LT knuckles.
X2 even the carpet from a coupe is moulded the exact same way as the sedan.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

will ss coupe seats fit in a sedan ???
Yes they do.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
the floor pans are pretty much the exact same. The wheel base is the same on both cars and in overall length the sedan is actually shorter by like 1/5 of an inch the difference is the head space. Since the coupes have the fastback style rear window and roof, and the sedan is a little more boxy to accomadate more people in the back seat, let me rephrase that more Full-Size people in the back seat.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Does the rear sway bar fit from a SS? If so whats the part number for it and what mounting hardware do I need? I tried looking on gmpartsdirect.com and all I could find was a front swaybars.

Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is no factory rear sway on the cobalt on any model, you have to go aftermarket.

Look at the TTR hardcore bar.....
That's probably why the guy at my GM dealer couldn't find them either...

Where do we find a good aftermarket swaybar?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
They do what they are meant to do, if you can get a good price on them pick them up!

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
That's probably why the guy at my GM dealer couldn't find them either...

Where do we find a good aftermarket swaybar?
OTT Rear Sway Bar Hardcore - Over The Top Performance

Cobalt SC FE5 24mm Swaybar 15821093 - Crate Engine Depot
if you get a front sway from here you need to order clamps and insulators too. you ill also want new endlinks. i would go with moog's from rock auto. they have grease zerks and stock ss ones do not.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

you know where i can find an SS conversion supercharge kit other than gm?
Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ok im lost what do sway bars do for the car?
Sway bars or aka Anti Roll bars allow for your vehicle's turning to improve. Not only on track performance, but as well street/daily driving. You will notice a stiffer/sharper turn with the bars and end links w/bushings added.

You will also notice a significant difference when adding in conjunction with these bars, upper and lower tie bars along with lowering springs and sport struts. The strut tower braces (front and rear) will also increase your cornering performance, not by much, but some is noticed.

Great write up admin! Looks like I may go with an SS exhaust from the 2.4L, looks very clean and may not improve much on power, but im not into loud mufflers as I am into sleeper performance. I may get a front sway bar from the SS as well.

41 - 60 of 125 Posts