Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Who buys an auto?!!!
I've got an auto too, with 3 kids, it's better to not have to shift, also, makes the remote starter much less of a pain in the ass, for installation as well as just useage

my toys have always been manuals, (first gen turbo CRX, second gen RX7) and my next toy will be a 70-72 cutlass convertable, it too will be manual trans, but for a daily driver, it's so much nicer in the morning commute through the windy hills and crap that we have here in pittsburgh, to not have to deal with the third pedal while you have not quite woken up yet

also, when I bought this car, my plan is to drive it for 5 years or so, take care of it, and give it to my oldest daughter when she turns 16, I taught my younger sister to drive when she turned 16, and I certainly do not want to add the complication of teaching her to shift, while trying to teach her to just drive, she can learn the clutch after she's had some wheeltime in the auto

·
Registered
73 Posts
hahaha im teaching my sister to drive, but we are putting her right into a standard. if she can learn the hard way she will be fine once we get her her automattic. its defintely been interesting so far

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hey wheres a good place to find interior trim packages? id like to swap out the stock greyish color for blue.

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah thats what i figured, i just dont really have a place to do it :/ id much rather do all my work myself, however my apt. is a bit cramped :/

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Gmpartsdirect I believe is the website. Specialty replacement parts (colors and designs) run about $200 though.

·
Registered
675 Posts
well then i guess ill be making some space to paint them :p when the time outweighs the cost of convenience ill make due with what ive got available

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Any gain in power with the springs, piston, and rods from an SS to an LT?

[The person below me is weird.]
Is the crank the same?

Can you use those rods in an L61/LAP?

Is the bore even the same size for that matter?

Questions I don't know because I haven't blown up one of these Ecotec's yet because I'm too lazy to boost it. And by springs you mean valvesprings? I highly doubt it...but I'll let someone else chime in though that knows. If I was building something, I'd source stock LS/LT parts...and build the stock L61/LAP motor. That way you know the sourced parts work with that you have anyways.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
no, you would lose power due to the lower compression. also the crank is different so you would either hit valves or your compression would be WAY lower

·
Registered
584 Posts
no, you would lose power due to the lower compression. also the crank is different so you would either hit valves or your compression would be WAY lower
So on this list it says you can use them though, why would they even put it if you wouldnt gain only lose?

[The person below me is weird.]

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
they physically bolt up but they are a lower compression ratio. and if you're taking your block apart, you might as well replace them with wiseco/eagle

·
Registered
9 Posts
I asked this in the new members area, but it is better suited for this thread.

BRAKES

Will the brembos (calipers and rotors) bolt right up on my 2010 sedan? Or do I need to get new bearings, etc.

Are they worth the upgrade?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
They will but you need at minimum 17's to clear them. I think you need the knuckles too. Any one know for sure?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
That sounds about right.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Someone mentioned the brembos won't clear the 17's, you need at least 18's to fit em.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though...

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
There is a kit on ttr that matches the ss brakes. Says minimum of 17's, could be different for the ones that come on the ss i guess.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts