Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Question,
My buddy had a 2009 SS and was rear ended pretty bad. he was going to part off some of the upgrades he made and i was wondering, would the stock radio from an 09 SS fit into an 06 LT? Are the stock connectors the same on both models?

Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I think 05-06 Radios are different from 07+ so you might be out of luck there. hopefully someone here can confirm. Make sure he puts up what he has to offer on this forum!

·
Registered
115 Posts
My wife’s Cobalt is a 2009 2LT sedan, I would like to dress it up a bit with parts from the SS sedan. Basically going for something like this, save for the headlights.

padlock's car

There should also be a thread for what ss parts will fit on a four door ls and lt....
Almost everything is swappable. (Minus the engine parts, unless you do a supercharger swap)

Except for the rear bumper, tail lights and trunk.(unless you find a 4dr T/C) Everything else will work.
So it sounds like the front bumper cover is a straight swap? What about the side skirts and rear bumper cover? Would I have to change the trunk or anything?

Also looking to dress up the muffler tip, does this one clamp on? Assuming I would need to trim the existing tip...

GM part no. 19169788
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=19169788

Will any of the SS rims fit on my LT since I have the 5 lug 16's? Or is the bolt pattern different? I'm looking at new rims and tires in the near future and I really like the look of the SS/TC rims.
I didn’t see this answered here. All 5-lug Cobalt models are 5x110, correct? The SS split 5-spokes posted above look great, would love to put a set on my wife's car.

Wish GM hadn't changed the bolt pattern for Cruze LTZ wheels, why they chose to go with 5x105...

Thanks, if there are other threads with more info post em.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
My wife’s Cobalt is a 2009 2LT sedan, I would like to dress it up a bit with parts from the SS sedan. Basically going for something like this, save for the headlights.

padlock's car

So it sounds like the front bumper cover is a straight swap? What about the side skirts and rear bumper cover? Would I have to change the trunk or anything?

Also looking to dress up the muffler tip, does this one clamp on? Assuming I would need to trim the existing tip...

GM part no. 19169788
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=19169788

I didn’t see this answered here. All 5-lug Cobalt models are 5x110, correct? The SS split 5-spokes posted above look great, would love to put a set on my wife's car.

Wish GM hadn't changed the bolt pattern for Cruze LTZ wheels, why they chose to go with 5x105...

Thanks, if there are other threads with more info post em.
Lets answer your questions. All 5 lug GM wheels that are on cobalts are 5x110. The SS muffler tip does NOT clamp on, it is welded on, so if you get the tip, just have it welded, makes it that much easier for a true sound and look. As far as the body panels. All body panels from the 4dr ss will fit the 4dr cobalts. All 2dr ss panels will fit the 2drs. However, the 2dr ss and the 4dr ss have the same fronts, but different side skirts (obviously one is 2dr one is 4dr so the 4dr is longer), and the rears are different because of the tail lights. So if you have a 4dr, just get the 4dr ss rear bumper and sides, and all will be well. :) Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
115 Posts
^Thank you for the response. Alright so the 4dr SS front/rear bumpers and sideskirts will bolt right on to a 4dr 09 2LT. Does year matter, or can I grab these parts from any 4dr SS?

For the muffler tip, I wasn’t set on the SS tip. Or is the tip I posted from an SS? I PM’d some member named bbrewbaker a while back about the tip I posted above, and he said this one just gets clamped on?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
answer to your 1st question is yes

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Np on the response. Yes, any 4dr SS body panels will fit on any 4dr ss. They are all the same. As far as what you posted, the link didn't work so I couldn't tell ya 100% for now tho.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

I just went to GMpartsdirect and looked up the part number. the tip there IS a bolt on (clamped) to your exhaust, however, can be welded to your exhaust with the proper exhaust adapter.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Sorry, no any 4dr SS panel will fit ANY 4dr. Sorry, mistyped there lol.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I assumed, haha thanks. How do the side skirts come off? On my car you take out four clips on the bottom, then slide the skirt forward and pull out.
No different on the SS :).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm trying to get a ss front bumper for my sedan there was two different one I found whith two different description which one do I get ?(FRONT BUMPER COVER, FOR 2.4 NON-TURBO SS/SPORT MODELS, WITH MOLDED-IN FOG LIGHT HOLES, WITHOUT SPOILER HOLES, PRIME/PAINT TO MATCH FINISH, REQUIRES CENTER LOWER GRILLE, FOR USE WITHOUT LOWER SPOILER) 2nd ss bumper description (SS MODELS, WITH MOLDED-IN FOG LIGHTS HOLES, WITH SPOILER HOLES, PRIME/PAINT TO MATCH FINISH)

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Do you want to use the SS/SC or SS/TC ground effects? If so, get the second one. If not, the get the first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
different ss front bumper ?

I was looking into putting a new ss bumper on my LT sedan the site I was looking at two different one which one would fit my sedan. the first one description SS MODELS, WITH MOLDED-IN FOG LIGHTS HOLES, WITH SPOILER HOLES, PRIME/PAINT TO MATCH FINISH the second ss bumper SS/SPORT MODELS, WITH MOLDED-IN FOG LIGHT HOLES, WITHOUT SPOILER HOLES, PRIME/PAINT TO MATCH :confused: help

101 - 120 of 125 Posts