Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does neone know where to get the lip of the rear bumper thats on the SS. I just got a ARK catback with a 4' tip. It sticks out way too much on my LT.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Just buying the rear lip won't work -- the rear fascia/bumper is moulded differently to fit the lower lip too.

I hope you mean 4" tip....I'd hate to see a 4' tip...LOL!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha...i def meant 4" tip. well if thats the case, should i just go to a chevy dealer and ask if they could order me one? I would get an aftermarket on but i havent seen ne i like. any ideas

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You can buy the rear fascias from a GM dealer -- need to decide if you want the SS/SC or SS/NA version. You'll need to get it painted too. Expect to open your wallet REAL wide!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know if the rear lip will actually even fit on my car..06 lt 4dr
?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i am looking into the rear lips that come on the G5 Gt's

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BUt I rele like the rear lip on the SS/SC. Do you know if that will fit ?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Does anyone know if the rear lip will actually even fit on my car..06 lt 4dr
?
No, The rear bempers are not interchangable from the 2dr to the 4dr. It's possible with fabrication, but not simply swapable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if your gonna replace the rear bumper,why not get something different.it will cost about the same anyway,after paint and install.look for a Bomex,jpusaco,rksport.there are many others.

·
Banned
161 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
thanks NRAMLOW2006..im def gonna check it out...ill let you know how it goes...and should i rele ask for tom? lol

jay DuB added 21 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

dude..i just checked it out and all i found was the ss front fascia..there was nothing for the rear bumper at all..??

·
Banned
161 Posts
call them on monday and ask for tom. they have the part in stock

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i would get another kit but i think all the others ones ive seen just arentt he look im looking for..they look too ricey..ive neone could give me a name of one that they thnk is good let me know..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The SS/SC nor the SS/NA lower rear lips will fit on the LS or LT rear fascia.

The lower moulded area of the LS/LT fascia is too small even for the SS/NA fascia (I tried without luck -- SS/NA lip to LS fascia). You'd have to cut the panel or cut the fascia to get them to work. The SS/SC rear lower lip is even more complicated to attempt to install it on a LS/LT rear fascia.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
FOR THE RECORD!

The SS/SC Front OR rear lip WILL NOT FIT a ls/lt cobalt. YOu need the SS/SC bumpers that has the holes for the lips to attach to. They simply will not attach to a ls/lt bumper without getting it molded which is pricey.

The SS Sideskirts fit ANY model cobalt coupe or sedan.

The SS/SC Front Bumper fits ANY model cobalt coupe or sedan

The SS/SC Rear Bumper Fits Any COUPE Model cobalt

The SS Sedan Rear Bumper Fits ANY SEDAN Model Cobalt.

A most should make this post a sticky as every week its the same questions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.