Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question I've looked around and haven't gotten a clear answer on this yet. I wanna know if its possible to put the SS/TC rear lip on my LT bumper or will i have to buy a different bumper. If so where would be the best place to get it from

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't think it is possible: The SS/SC, SS/TC, SS/NA, and Sport use a common fascia, although the SS/SC and SS/TC have the holes cut out for the rear lip (the hole areas are marked on the inside of the SS/NA/Sport fascia). The SS/NA/Sport diffuser will not fit on the LS/LT fascia so that leads me to believe the SS/SC / SS/TC lip will not fit on the LS/LT fascia.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If you were a coupe, you'd only need to cut the holes for the tabs.

Since you're a sedan driver, it'd require modification to make it fit.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
what would it involve
From what I've heard, it'll require some trimming and plastic welding to shorten the lip. Apparently it'll stick out beyond the bumper into the fender well area a bit if you don't shorten it. Any competent body shop should be able to do it, but it probably won't be cheap.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
You can put a rear lip on a 4 door ls. I'll get that part number for u

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

*12336082 : rear lip

*89025744 : left lower grille

*89025745 : right lower grille

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

You gonna the lower grilles too. They don't come with the lip. And the clips. About 14 of them

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Yeah. About an inch. That's what I had and a friend if mine had. We had the 2.4 err bumpers. I don't know what you'll get with a 2.2 bumper.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The rear lip will fit on a LT/LS coupe bumper. You do not have to buy a SS bumper. You only need to cut the holes.

The rear lip will also fit on a LT/LS sedan bumper. You do not have to buy a SS bumper. This one is trickier. I did not plastic weld mine. You have to cut slits in your rear bumper, then shorten the length of the lip as well.

Pic

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You can put a rear lip on a 4 door ls. I'll get that part number for u

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

*12336082 : rear lip

*89025744 : left lower grille

*89025745 : right lower grille

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

You gonna the lower grilles too. They don't come with the lip. And the clips. About 14 of them
holy shit is Hailcesar back?!! I've missed your how-to's!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.