Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 2006 SS/SC front calipers be a direct bolt on to a 2006 LT? This winter I am converting my balt from a 4 lug to a 5 lug by pulling the hubs off my friends wrecked SS/SC and I would like to be able to swap out most of the suspension and brake components. Which parts will be a direct bolt on and which ones will require modification?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
You need the brake hoses as well but otherwise they will bolt right on. To switch the rears you need the entire rear beam, as well as his ebrake cables.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did any 5 lug cobalts have drum brakes in the back?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Mine does, still haven't replaced them (I do want to though)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because the rear brakes do very little of the actual braking im not sure if it is in my best interest to do a full 4 wheel disk brake conversion. This may be a stupid questions but did the SS/SC come with Brembos in the front? if not will the Brembos off a SS/TC bolt on?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The Brembo's will bolt on but you have to install a spacer behind the wheel bearing to properly center the rotor between the caliper, go to CED and you'll see a full list of everything you have to get to do it right. The kit ZZP sells would need bigger wheels but is cheaper, although comes with lower quality pads and rotors. The SS/TC came with Brembo's in the front. I converted mine to 5 lug and bought 5 lug drums for the back as you're thinking, that worked fine. Front is Brembo's and I couldn't be happier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.