SS/SC wing good buy or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pretty much goes toward the SS/SC owners. I'm looking to replace my low profile SS/NA wing with the SS/SC wing. BUT... I've heard several different opinions on them. Some say they are great others say they are annoying, hard to see out the rear window, rattle, flex etc. I can't find anyone to trade me on several other forums mostly due to the color of my car: (think it's called Sunburnt Orange). Anyway, all opinions are appreciated. I'm looking to buy an OEM SS/SC wing made just as GM made them and have it painted.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yes, there are vision issues, but i find it unreasonable how much the SC/TC high rise flexes in regular driving condition....... it's just so bloody flimsey.

it falls under cosmetic enhancements, cause a properly working wing wouldnt flex as bad

Not worth it!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
get the low pro.you wanna keep a low profile.

cops see that whaletail and they want to pull you over riht away. also says. "look thieves, im into cars, i might have aftermarket parts".

personally i wouldnt get it, makes ur car stand out to much, but some people like that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I bought my car with it on it. I screwed the dealer out of that and a keyless enrty. I too have a sunburst orange cobalt mine's an ls. I know a lot of people don't like it. Personally I love it. Yes it does make it slightly difficult to look out the back window but I also have 5% tint all around so i didn't really care. And yes it does jiggle a lot but i just posted another thread about a possible way to fix that. the thread is Perrin Wing Stabilizer. I think i may fab up a stabilizer or two to fix this problem. we'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where does it actually move around?

As for my wing I just get annoyed with the look because the wing is no different than any LS/LT etc. I just wish they would have made it a bit different. It really does nothing for me looking at it personally. It makes the car look 'plain' etc. except for the SS badges on it.

I'm also thinking of removing the lower grille to make it look a bit more sportier like the SS/SC's.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Where does it actually move around?

As for my wing I just get annoyed with the look because the wing is no different than any LS/LT etc. I just wish they would have made it a bit different. It really does nothing for me looking at it personally. It makes the car look 'plain' etc. except for the SS badges on it.

I'm also thinking of removing the lower grille to make it look a bit more sportier like the SS/SC's.
the SC/TC high rise tends to flex the most in the middle, but that flex is also transferred to the side(so the whole wing distorts)

The SS low rise actually stands slightly taller than the LS/LT wing, by about 2 inches. It's more noticeable when you are parked directly beside one another

And as for the lower grille insert, it just pops out. People have been having issues with rocks flying up and breaking it, so it notoriously comes out anyway

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
wingless looks AWSOME if ur blacked out completely and dumped to the ground. there is no better look then that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.