Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

So I am deciding to make an extreme mod to make the SS shifter fit inside of and LS and by fit i mean the whole assembly, the bolt pattern and everything is the same, however can someone be kind enough to post a pic of the assembly towards the front where the linkage hooks up to the plastic clips? From what I heard the SS cobalt assembly is just a shy short of what our LS is, does anyone know if this has been done? And dont tell me to "buy" a hurst or another shorthrow, I have literally converted this whole car except the engine and tranny and want this to be as stock as possible, If anyone has any tips to help me swap out the shifter assembly's or what I would need to do to make it work please let me know!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, where you have it hooked up by the plastic clips, I want to take the WHOLE SS shifter assembly, with the knob, boot, and assembly and plug it into my LS linkage and use it

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
The shifter box is bolted into the car by four nuts and washers. It's as simple as disconnecting the linkage, loosening the nuts and pulling the whole box out, shifter and all. If the SS shifter box is the same pattern, it should bolt up well enough. I don't know if it is, or even if the linkage is the same/compatible. Luckily, it's fairly straightforward to remove it and won't take much of your time. Try it out if you have the SS shifter assembly on hand. You'll know right away if it matches up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I tried, but the shifter assembly does not add up, it bolts down perfectly, but the linkage must be a hair different because my linkage will not clip into the actual box, where the 2 large plastic clips are the come from the linkage, one is simply too short... wonder if i can mod it in some way shape or form

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You're suppose to place your shifter in 4th gear to be able to connect that cable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right, but the ss box where thenplastic connectors are to the linkage are different, the ls connectors one is slightly farther, the ss bolts down, but the cinnector slots are even insteadnof slightly apart

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The SS box won't work for 5th and reverse, so you can't switch between them, that's really the only difference if you wanted to hack it up and get rid of that feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.