Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ss Steering Wheel Swap

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ray69 
#1 ·
so i know it will physically fit, but if you put on the SS steering wheel (cruise and radio controls) onto the same year LT model with just cruise control, would the radio controls work? seems too easy :notrust:

a leather steering wheel is pretty cheap, but if there is a long list of parts needed to get it to work i would rather let go of my steering wheel and reach for the radio

#3 ·
if you change your steering wheel, don't get SS steering wheel, just get a wooden one, old school swag.

#7 ·
yes plz

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

isnt the the ss steering wheel exactly the same as the lt? whats the difference?
well my LT came with just cruise controls. no radio. and its a rubber grip, not leather. the SS comes with leather standard im sure, and radio controls as well as cruise. im sure you could get it all as options on an LS or LT...

thanks for the info, i will check for that wire, but if even one person has put the SS wheel on an LT and the radio controls worked, then im sold and willing to drop the $90 and give it a shot. :noworry:

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Which radio do you have? What year car? You should have a 4pin connector behind the clockspring of the steering wheel with a Dark Blue wire and a White with black stripe..
its the stock radio with no onstar system, 2010 LT2

#5 ·
Short answer, assuming you already have cruise, it's almost certainly plug and play for radio controls. My LT did not come with either, and a leather wheel swap with controls got me up and running.

There's a ton of information on the site. Just use the search box or check for the dark blue wire as Coby mentioned.

#8 ·
My LT has radio control, so I believe both have same steering wheel

Sent from my PG86100

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.