Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching and couldnt find anything, but i was wondering if an SS leather steering wheel will fit into an lt. I currently have cruise control and i dont really care about radio controls cause i have an aftermarket head unit.
just wondering if anyones done this and if they had any problems.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It works. Don't go for the full wheel from the dealer either... it comes as a complete unit and is expensive. Just look on ebay and one should pop up from time to time.

That being said, I perfer the urethane steering wheels better. More durable and I have better grip with them. The leather is too slick.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
there's no way you have to buy the airbag with the wheel. i know this for a fact. i am saying the airbag should be the same. just swap wheels and leave the bag.
When I said as a unit, I meant the entire wheel+bezels+harness+horn switch. I said nothing about an airbag. Usually you don't need a new airbag with your wheel unless your dealer is a bunch of inept idiots like mine and broke it (on the upside, my old airbag did have a dented logo, so it fixed that.)

·
Registered
667 Posts
So, I got a customers car that wants cruise control (doesnt have it from factory) They reflashed the BCU to have it enabled. There is a wrecked G5 at the yard with cruise on the wheel, same year. All I gotta do is swap wheels and put his airbag in, right?

Any tips for getting the wheel off?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so the dealer wont sell me just wheel, they have to give me the whole harness and bezels?
and does a g5 gt have the same wheel as an ss?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
so the dealer wont sell me just wheel, they have to give me the whole harness and bezels?
and does a g5 gt have the same wheel as an ss?
Protip: The G5 and the Cobalt are the same car on the interior parts with the exception of the airbag emblem and the trim color.

If you sit in a G5, you'll swear to god you're in a Cobalt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.