Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy at a car show said hed sale me his original ss/tc springs with only 10k miles on them. he said they would fit and be no problem on a 2lt trim cobalt.i just need to know do i need to have new struts and shocks? will they need to be replaced later on? warranty covered by dealer? and will the tires rub? i have 215/45/17 tires.

thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the guy said id be fine with just the springs cause they are a gm part and wont affect the warranty. how much do shocks and struts run for an ss

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dang i was hoping i could just get the springs for 75 from this guy but by the time i pay for labor and other parts this will be pricey

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
The FE5 springs will lower your car 10mm or .4 inches. If I were you and you are going to pay someone to do the work i would hold off and wait till you have the money to purchase the rest of the FE5 suspension. To pay someone just to install the springs does not make much sense, for drop you will not notice a difference and tho handling may be better I can;t see that it would be worth it without the rest of the package.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
imo id get aftermarket springs to get rid of all the wheelgap these cars come with stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.