Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 2.2 if i upgrade to these struts and shocks with my sportlines i know it will help with handling but will it lower it any more?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't believe it will lower the car anymore. The springs are obviously what lower the car along with an increase in spring rate...making the car a little bumpier or a lot bumpier depending on this rate.

Shocks/struts will help with firmness of the ride. For instance...FE1 (your stock struts/shocks) will feel OK with the springs, but FE5 will feel firmer and won't be pushed to the extremes as much as your current setup (hopefully providing a longer life for the struts/shocks).

Basically they will help handling of the car more without lowering more (as far as I know and understand).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong or add to this if you have more.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I hate you I don't have the money to get ss/tc struts/shocks and no ones selling them used :(

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
how much did you pay for them again?

·
Registered
720 Posts
CED or GMPD?

·
Registered
610 Posts
i think shane got them from gmpd.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'll have to check again, I thought they were cheaper there...still not a bad deal.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
you are correct. the handling will be increased and the car wont sit any lower.
im going to be doing this swap soon, and will make sure i let everyone know how they feel comparatively.
ok mine are in, and i may have been mistaken. i have no proof, forgot to take measurements. but my front seems a little lower than before. maybe 1/2 inch. my front wheels tuck more now though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
yeah gmpd. i had to pay a lot for s&h cause it was all the way across the country. better for east coast guys.
Maybe that's why it seemed a little cheaper, I'm not as far as you...MN. But I can't believe the prices they charge for shipping none-the-less. Still better than the local dealership or even CED most of the time.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Maybe that's why it seemed a little cheaper, I'm not as far as you...MN. But I can't believe the prices they charge for shipping none-the-less. Still better than the local dealership or even CED most of the time.
ya you have to pay for s&h twice for these cause gmpd has to order them too. :laugh:

·
Registered
610 Posts
ok mine are in, and i may have been mistaken. i have no proof, forgot to take measurements. but my front seems a little lower than before. maybe 1/2 inch. my front wheels tuck more now though.
lol i think i ruined the suprise by reading this

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
It shouldn't be any lower. In fact it should actually have lifted your car slightly.
i know, thats what i kept reading. but nwae helped me with the struts, and he said they lowered his before we even put mine on. and i can swear i have less wheel gap. :confused: regardless, i love the way its sitting, and handling now!

·
Registered
344 Posts
as scag said (im nwae from cssn btw lol) it can lower the car a tiny bit, i found mine did when i went from fe1 to ss/tc and same with scag

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.