Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would an ss tc be as a daily driver also would be driven in winter?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
well, as far as a dd, it's actually pretty good for a dd. I drove mine as a dd for the longest. As far as winter driving, that all depends on the tires. The TT on them is terrible, you just have to be really slow when taking off on slushy or snowy streets, or you'll do nothing but spin and go no where. That's the only downside.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Freaking awesome. What kind of a question is that?!

Personally I wouldn't take the dang thing out if there was a chance of snow to protect it from other people and environmental factors, but thats me! You would most likely smile every time you got in though!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
lol an SS/TC is just fine during the winter.

I DD mine and drove it through last winter on summer tires. There were a few times when I wouldn't drive it and had to find rides one way or another if the roads were too slushy or icy, but I drove it just fine 95% of the time. All depends on how you're driving it.

I also have heated water in my family's garage - so I'm still able to wash it every week or every other week. And touchless-automatic car washes will spray off the underside of your car as well.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
^^ I hear ya there.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
They do fine in all conditions but the biggest thing is tires, winter tires definitely if you live in that climate. I drove my SS through ice storms here in NC, did fine on the ice roads with the summer tires as long as I paced myself and took my time. I got hung up on one road and that was because of the driver ahead of me going like 3mph up a hill, I had to stop and it took me 5 mins to get going again. I was hoping to come back up the guy ahead of me down the road so I could kick his car in for driving too slow and f*cking over 15+ people.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info! I read some great reviews on it. I think I'll go buy one!!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Wouldn't you just not get into it and shift early? Never driven an ss so I'm guessing here
It's a roots style blower.

It's VERY easy to get it to get into boost.

It's not a turbo that you have to spool up to make boost.

It's instant.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I know it instant unlike a turbo but if you don't get into it wouldnt it just go without going into boost? Shifting early And being easy on the gas I would THINK keep it out. But again I'm guessing so I'm probably wrong.

A buddy has an ss. Il just drive his and see what goes down:)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
yea a roots blower starts making boost at low rpm's, its what makes supercharged cars so fun to drive as there is no lag time

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.