Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
called the dealer and ask about the ss/tc and they said it will be out the first of april. have anyone heard the same or differ

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
the chevy dealer downtown said end of march, beginning of april, and i get to test drive one

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yea. Personally i am in love with the idea of a 260hp factory cobalt. Then of course once the stages for that are released, were looking at some high power balts.
and alot more attention from local law enforcement, lol

I still preffer the idea of turboing my 2.4l, bigger motor, should mean more horses when compared

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thats definitely what im hoping for.
i am currently doing a dual intake system for my car, 2 inlets to the throttle body should be better than one, right?

one will be like a basic SRA with my MAF sensor in it, so as to not throw a CEL, the other is running an air charger/blower, just to push some more air into the throttle body, without the car knowing it, lol

·
Registered
869 Posts
i am currently doing a dual intake system for my car, 2 inlets to the throttle body should be better than one, right?

one will be like a basic SRA with my MAF sensor in it, so as to not throw a CEL, the other is running an air charger/blower, just to push some more air into the throttle body, without the car knowing it, lol
I dont know why, but that reminds me of a friend of mine. You can call BS on this if you want, but i swear it happened, you couldnt make this stuff up. He got the bright idea to try some forced induction on his eclispe, but he had no turbo/supercharger. So what he did was steal his dads scuba diving oxygen tank, and ran the line from his backseat through his firewall and clamped it into the throttle body. He fired it up and tried to go for a cruise. Everything worked fine until he turned the nozzle on the tank, and as the psi built up on it, his ECU had absolutely no idea what was going on, so it lit up with al kinds of lights on the dash and shut off.

The car ended up running fine after he removed the tank, but his dad was sure pissed that hed used tha mch oxygen.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I dont know why, but that reminds me of a friend of mine. You can call BS on this if you want, but i swear it happened, you couldnt make this stuff up. He got the bright idea to try some forced induction on his eclispe, but he had no turbo/supercharger. So what he did was steal his dads scuba diving oxygen tank, and ran the line from his backseat through his firewall and clamped it into the throttle body. He fired it up and tried to go for a cruise. Everything worked fine until he turned the nozzle on the tank, and as the psi built up on it, his ECU had absolutely no idea what was going on, so it lit up with al kinds of lights on the dash and shut off.

The car ended up running fine after he removed the tank, but his dad was sure pissed that hed used tha mch oxygen.
i wont be running THAT much PSI of boost with the air charger, it will be like half a psi/one psi. it's enough to notice, but not so much it confuses the ECU

putting that much air into a motor is ridiculous, i wont call BS, cause i have seen it done myself, but the moron who did it, hit it with 22 psi constant from the tank, blew out a rod on the car doing it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

??? Won't work....the ECM will sense too much air for the TB position and BAMB! limp mode! Since the TB is fly-by-wire there are safety features built in to prevent an engine "run-away" due to a malfunctioning TB, crack in the plastic intake, etc. You won't be able to "fool" this engine..LOL But if you do get it to work give us the low-down..lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
??? Won't work....the ECM will sense too much air for the TB position and BAMB! limp mode! Since the TB is fly-by-wire there are safety features built in to prevent an engine "run-away" due to a malfunctioning TB, crack in the plastic intake, etc. You won't be able to "fool" this engine..LOL But if you do get it to work give us the low-down..lol
currently the custom made SRA intake is working as it should, no cel from it, and the amount of air it's sucking in, it sounds like it's FI, lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Getting this thread back on subject...Hillary Clinton went to the Lordstown assembly plant recently and is pictured next to a victory red 08 Cobalt SS/TC with tall wing on the assembly line! There is a post by JonyyB on the cobaltss.net website about it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yea. Personally i am in love with the idea of a 260hp factory cobalt. Then of course once the stages for that are released, were looking at some high power balts.
Not to be a debbie downer but don't hold your breath on stage kits because the LNF is proving tricky to tune for the Solstice and Sky guys.

·
Registered
75 Posts
see below.

Not to be a debbie downer but don't hold your breath on stage kits because the LNF is proving tricky to tune for the Solstice and Sky guys.
not only is the tuning proving to be tricky, but a gm rep has already stated that GM will not release stage kits for the cobalt tc. Why? the tranny is maxed out powerwise from the factory. i wasn't sure if it was legit at first, but after looking up tons of info about the tranny going in the car, everything shows that the max torque is 260. which is where the car is stock.

personally, i think the tc cobalt is going to be a HUGE disapointment, and I think people are hyping it up way too much.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.