Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I Wish, i would go ahead trade my sedan for one but waiting till get i more of my loan to come down so i'm not so upside down and if i get one now my insurence would go up about $100 more a month :(

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Damnn ^^ Already ?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yep they arived about two months ago. Mut my car club is pretty big out here. We are even sponsored by our local raceway! They even renamed the sport compact class to the "Rocky mountain ecotec.net sport compact class" (long I know but it has helped us grow alot!)

·
Registered
41 Posts
i picked 1 up bout a week ago. sorry i havent posted pics of it but ive been working like crazy to keep up with my car note. that ***** rides smooth as hell. looking for mods now. any idea where to start

·
Registered
869 Posts
Its a brand new car. The only mods for it are little DIY stuff for the interior and exterior. Performance wise, all you have available are custom exhaust and a cone air filter, maybe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the dealer say i can use the 87 octane gas but i read for turbo/superchager car the highest octane is needed correct??

does anybody have a high rise black wing they wanna trade or sell i have a low silver spoiler

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
^^ I'm pretty sure you need premium. Have you tried to put in 87? does it knock at all at WOT

daman added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Its a brand new car. The only mods for it are little DIY stuff for the interior and exterior. Performance wise, all you have available are custom exhaust and a cone air filter, maybe.
Its still all the same as the previous years. Anything you can do to a previous year you can do to the TC Except come performance mods

·
Registered
41 Posts
^^ I'm pretty sure you need premium. Have you tried to put in 87? does it knock at all at WOT

daman added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Its still all the same as the previous years. Anything you can do to a previous year you can do to the TC Except come performance mods
i havent filled up yet. but on the way home i will

·
Registered
869 Posts
Who told you the ss/sc only needed 87 octane? All the ss and ss/sc owners in my car club all use premium..
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt 2SS Coupe Specs & Features at Automotive.com

There. Just because people use it doesn't mean it's recommended, they probably just think it makes it run better, and it very well could. But the factory just recommends 87.

As it happens, the factory does recommend premium for the LNF, but also specifically states that it is not required.

Chevrolet | 2008 Cobalt - Vehicle Specs - Fuel Economy & MPG ratings Click on the Engine tab

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yes they should epecially with the LSD tranny and the no lift feature are great benefits

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.