Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be completely overlooking these but I can not seem to find them for sale anymore? If someone can find them please post link. Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

zzp Im a noob

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
zzp or literally just type in ssc springs or cm springs since they are the exact same. Bet somewhere else will sell them for cheaper. I would recommend yyz springs tho if you want the best springs out there. Don't forget to upgrade your shocks and struts to fe5 cobalt ss tc ones or youll blow all your fe1 struts and shock in a few thousand miles most likely

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zzp or literally just type in ssc springs or cm springs since they are the exact same. Bet somewhere else will sell them for cheaper. I would recommend yyz springs tho if you want the best springs out there. Don't forget to upgrade your shocks and struts to fe5 cobalt ss tc ones or youll blow all your fe1 struts and shock in a few thousand miles most likely
yyz v.5?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Store > Car Lowering, Domestic - Canuck Motorsports Online Store: Car Truck SUV lowering lift kits.

do I need the cobalt or ss springs since going fe5? Thought they would be the same.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Ssc springs look sexy

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
yyz v.5?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Store > Car Lowering, Domestic - Canuck Motorsports Online Store: Car Truck SUV lowering lift kits.

do I need the cobalt or ss springs since going fe5? Thought they would be the same.
Yes yyz v.5 but they are pretty pricey but the best handling springs out there.

They should be the exact same but to be on the safe side just order the cobalt ones. They just show different drops because the ss came a little lower than the other cobalts from factory.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Ssc springs look sexy
Springs are springs. they all look they same lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes yyz v.5 but they are pretty pricey but the best handling springs out there.

They should be the exact same but to be on the safe side just order the cobalt ones. They just show different drops because the ss came a little lower than the other cobalts from factory.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Springs are springs. they all look they same lol
guy has a set of yyz new on fb for 300 shipped. If I can talk him down to 200 I'll grab those otherwise I'm going with the cm springs for 179$

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I doubt he would go down that much since every cobalt owner wants these springs. They cost 330 new. Crate engine depot has them and the fe5 shocks and struts for combined $885 bucks but idk what your budget is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt he would go down that much since every cobalt owner wants these springs. They cost 330 new. Crate engine depot has them and the fe5 shocks and struts for combined $885 bucks but idk what your budget is.
amazon has the fe5 combo for 277 shipped and cm sports springs are 179 shipped

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Already have a set of end links. Also need to get all new tie rods and front brakes. luckily I'll be able to put it all on at the same time.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
But the yyz are awesome haha, there were only ever the two types of yyz made, v1 are hard to come by but absolutely the best handling. All the other ones, v3, v5 whatever are exactly the same just a different production run

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
But the yyz are awesome haha, there were only ever the two types of yyz made, v1 are hard to come by but absolutely the best handling. All the other ones, v3, v5 whatever are exactly the same just a different production run
The SSCs are still up there in handling - but have more of a drop as well.

I absolutely love mine.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Meh, the SSCs aren't that low - but I do need to get into my driveway sideways.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I ordered directly from Canuck Motorsports, so I got them for $180 shipped.

On CSS.net they say that although SSC and CM springs are made by the same company (Canuck Motorsports), there's sometimes a difference in spring design. MP got his SSC's used, but turned out to be the same design as my CM springs.
http://www. cobaltss .net/forums/suspension-67/ssc-cm-springs-same-thing-294893/index3.html#post7028018

I can't recommend the CM springs enough. They provide a good drop, a comfortable ride, and coupled with the FE5 struts/shocks, they handle great. I don't think they can be beat for the price.

Tires are 225/45R17, which is slightly larger than the stock 195/60R15

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ordered directly from Canuck Motorsports, so I got them for $180 shipped.

On CSS.net they say that although SSC and CM springs are made by the same company (Canuck Motorsports), there's sometimes a difference in spring design. MP got his SSC's used, but turned out to be the same design as my CM springs.
ATV Reviews, Videos, Pictures, and ATV Prices. cobaltss .net/forums/suspension-67/ssc-cm-springs-same-thing-294893/index3.html#post7028018

I can't recommend the CM springs enough. They provide a good drop, a comfortable ride, and coupled with the FE5 struts/shocks, they handle great. I don't think they can be beat for the price.

Tires are 225/45R17, which is slightly larger than the stock 195/60R15
look good man.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
dat tail pipe tho.

I ran Pedders on my car, because some old thread I found here was praising them as the best handling springs available. Never drove a 'Balt with anything other than stock hardware, so I can't easily make the comparison to other lowering springs, but the springs were so much better than stock. Drop was only about 1.5", but paired with the FE5 shocks/struts, it cut body lean in half and drastically reduced the annoying wheel hop problem. Only issue with those springs were that the rears rusted out too quickly. If I remember right, they were $320. Definitely more on the pricer side for this platform.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
The Pedders, up until the YYZs came out, were the best springs to buy - and SSCs at a close second - more if you wanted to sacrifice a little handling for a bit more of a drop, while retaining excellent ride quality.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.