Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, trying to decide on my springs, for the future.

I know the SS/TC springs handle incredibly well, but they don't drop the car much.

I've come across the SSC springs, and it seems that provide about an inch and a half drop, but are developed for handling as well?

My question is, do the SSC springs compare, handling-wise to the SS/TC springs?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, too much of a drop. Don't want to deal with it being lowered that much, then having it snow. :laugh:

I've always heard of Sport-Lines sagging, too. Or at least they have that issue on other cars.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yeah, too much of a drop. Don't want to deal with it being lowered that much, then having it snow. :laugh:

I've always heard of Sport-Lines sagging, too. Or at least they have that issue on other cars.
How will I do in the snow with the sportlines ???? Im scare

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got me - but they drop the car about 2.5"...SSC's are like 1.5" drop.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I will be stuck in the snow LOL but my car is going low anyway
Acutaly I heard that they are not realy 2.0 Front and 2.5 back - its less

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Bump For your Question !!!

·
Registered
287 Posts

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

How come the back is lower than the front??? Where could I find some SS/TC suspension.

Mike

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
SSC springs rates are very close to the SS/SC's spring rates.

If you're looking for handling, get the SS/TC stuff. and they'll lower your car by 10mm.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

How come the back is lower than the front??? Where could I find some SS/TC suspension.

Mike
the back is lower than the front because the back of your car is higher to begin with. they level the car, so the rear has further to go.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
SSC springs rates are very close to the SS/SC's spring rates.

If you're looking for handling, get the SS/TC stuff. and they'll lower your car by 10mm.
Ahh, this is what I was looking for...

10mm isn't really that much, so - are the SSCs just barely worse handling wise than the SS/TCs?

Cause I wouldn't mind more of a drop for a small sacrifice in handling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed SSC springs a few weeks ago. The handeling is night & day from the stock LT springs. The drop is perfect as well, not too low.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About how much did it drop your car?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I ran SSCs on my LT Sedan for a lil while and the difference was amazing from my stock setup. As Will Beck said, the spring rates are about the same as SS/SCs but u will still gain better handling from a lower center of gravity. Also i noticed a drop of about 1.75" and 2.25" from stock

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm still wondering how the handling will compare to the SS/TC springs - will it really be all that noticeable (I mean, not including maxxing the car out or anything)...

·
Registered
870 Posts
I got my SSC springs installed the other day and the drop looks perfect. Handling improved over stock too. Less body lean and its fun busting around corners :)

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MP 81, are you on stock springs now?

If so, whatever you use will feel like an upgrade. Go with what you want.
Yeah, stock FE1 springs, struts and swaybars.

My plan was to do SS/TC struts/shocks and springs, and then an SS/SC front swaybar and OTTP rear bar.

I do want this thing to handle really well, that's why I was looking at the SS/TC springs, but I really would like more of a drop, so my car is less of a 4x4 when I get my 18s. If the SSCs handle pretty close to the SS/TC springs (is that right?), then it sounds like my ticket right there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.