Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what the stage one for the TC edition of an SS does? I've heard it increases boost by a bit...is it really worth the $650?

·
Registered
66 Posts
friend of my friend got it done to his HHR Turbo and he than dyno'd and it put down like 285-90 hp. He said it was worth it to him. Other than his numbers I dont know what it all intells

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah,i was wondering if anyone knew what it did to increase it to that horsepower...all i can find included is a bunch of sensors so i'm thinking it's playin with the boost of the turbo

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
It raises boost.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Nope, I don't know off hand.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The kit has a few upgraded sensors. It also is a tune for the car. It disables, so I've been told, the learn-down feature, and it increases max boost to around 20-22 PSI. So the overall purpose of it is to increase HP and TQ. It also keeps your GM warranty in tack if that is important to you; it was me. It's really the only engine performance mod I will do until my warranty expires.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The kit has a few upgraded sensors. It also is a tune for the car. It disables, so I've been told, the learn-down feature, and it increases max boost to around 20-22 PSI. So the overall purpose of it is to increase HP and TQ. It also keeps your GM warranty in tack if that is important to you; it was me. It's really the only engine performance mod I will do until my warranty expires.
ADIDASS hit it on the nose. The difference in performance is quite amazing. Tires chirp in second and sometimes even third gear. If you're thinking of getting any bolt-ons like a downpipe, catback, intake, etc you need some kind of tune or the car's ECU will "learn down" back to the standard 260HP and ignore the additional power that became available. My opnion is it's definitely worth the money, especially since it keeps your warranty intact.
Black 2010 SS/TC – Debadged | GMS1 | Hahn 3” DP and Catback | AEM intake | GM racing pedals | OZ Ultraleggera rims |DEPO 4th gen projectors w/ 6K HIDs | smoked LED tails | 20% 3M tint |Pioneer z110bt head unit, Alpine PDX-5 amp, Focal speakers all around

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3835837

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It depends. If you want to keep the warranty, then get it. Otherwise, there are tunes out there that will yield the same results without the need to mess with the sensors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you guys pretty much answered what i was curious about. 340 ft lbs of torque for a 4 cylinder is pretty impressive, and disabling the learn down feature is basically awesome. plus 20 pounds of boost? pure sex

·
Registered
280 Posts
I doubt you will reach 340, moreso around 300-315. That's just off that tune that is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kit increases performance to 290 HP and up to 340lb.-ft. of torque. Requires dealer installation and calibration. Premium fuel required.

just goin by that :D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Thats crank numbers. It'll be a different number to the wheels.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, that's what I meant. Most people that have dyno'd are in the 300-315 range I believe, to the wheels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.