Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking $70 shipped. Paypal preferred. 4.5" angle cut tip with 2.25" inlet...perfect size for the stock exhaust on any model Cobalt. Was never used...reason I am selling is because I couldn't find a 2nd one to go for my dual outlet custom exhaust so I had to find a pair of others. Nice deep tone...I have 2 similar ones on my car now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$70 shipped. You can't just bolt-on a muffler, your old one will have to be cut off and this one welded in its place. You will have to take it to a muffler shop unless you know someone with a welder. Shouldn't cost more than $20 at a shop to install it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
$70 shipped. You can't just bolt-on a muffler, your old one will have to be cut off and this one welded in its place. You will have to take it to a muffler shop unless you know someone with a welder. Shouldn't cost more than $20 at a shop to install it.
well yea, I know that. I meant is it a direct fit as in a straight weld on, or will the downpipe need to be moded, IE circumference changed, etc.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it has a 2 1/4" inlet on the muffler which is the same size as your stock exhaust piping, it will fit just fine.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
No it has a 2 1/4" inlet on the muffler which is the same size as your stock exhaust piping, it will fit just fine.
That is incorrect information.. The stock piping is 1 7/8" An exhaust shop could make it work but it is NOT the same size..

·
Registered
450 Posts
obz is right.... i repiped my exhaust up to 2 1/4 from stock.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright well I meant he wouldn't have an issue installing it on a stock exhaust. Any muffler shop can fabricate that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.