Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched high and low and have yet to come up with a definite answer of which is better. Most of the posts I've read are dated, so I was hoping to get some more recent feedback on your opinions. Most people just go with springs, so it's harder to find reviews about coilovers on cobalts/G5's, but my baby is reaching 50k and I gotta get her some big gifts ;)

I do have bad winters where I live, so I'm curious as to what the 'highest height' is on both coilovers? It's certainly not stock height right? Other things I've read are of squeaking/clunking from BC's after a while so.. Opinions needed, please and thankyou!

As for why I'm choosing coilovers- it seems easier to adjust height on them rather than swapping out for stock when winter comes. Plus, my suspension creaks every so often over certain speed bumps and un-even pavement (not necessarily pot holes), so just slapping on springs makes me worry about what that'll do to the rest of the suspension... Plus.. iwantlowplz

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I have stance coils, and you can get low, and you can bring them up pretty high as well...don't worry about that. I dunno about bc

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
The ride is good, but if you are looking at racing on them I'd spring the money for the stiffer springs. I've had them for acouple years now and had a couple issues, but they have a 2 year warranty and will replace any defective parts for free.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I have the 'gr+" but the changed the name to 'street sport' I think. Same thing just a different name. As for issues, my rear shocks blew out on me, and the pillow ball strut mounts up front went bad, they replaced all of them for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn how'd your shocks blow out? I drive a lot for my job so i definitely need coils that can withstand that! BC has more adjustability than Stance, but do you really need/use it?
Also, after installing them, you got an alignment and corner balance right? Anything else needed?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I was autocrossing on them, and roads in hawaii suck ass. The new set they sent me has held up great so far tho.

As for after installation, the alignment should be fine for a daily driver.

The main thing is what are you going to be using them for? If its just your daily driver either brand should be fine. I'd go with whatever brand will cost you less.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'm with this guy.

Less you spend on your car, the more that goes towards hookers.

Or whatever else you spend your money on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^hahahaha not judging. Car>hookers. More reward haha. But yeah it'll be DD but I just read some crazy post on some other forum of BC welding being really crappy and snapping, so I'm even more hesitant... Quality matters more than price. Just like women :p Plus I don't think I'll be happy unless I get Stance. What's the life on either?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I can't really. Tell you how long your stance coils will last. I've only had mine for about a year and a half...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.