Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I'm new to the forum although I have been reading threads on here for a while (really good info). Anyways I was wondering if anyone has installed Stance XR1 coilovers? I know alot of people have STANCE GR+ however the XR1's are supposed to be there new improved version or whatever. They have a Front Spring Rate of 8KG/150mm and a Rear Spring Rate of 9KG/150mm. I had a mechanic install them (was going to do it myself but didnt feel like it) on my 2010 Cobalt LT and the ride quality is unbearable. Yes I know I'm going to feel the bumps in the road more, but that's not the issue it's the constant bouncing up and down I can barely keep control of the car especially on the highway. I adjusted my damping 3 clicks soft, but if hasn't made a difference. I believe my mechanic adjusted the preload (something I wouldn't have done had I installed myself) I was wondering if that has any bearing on the ride quality. I'm not slammed to the ground either (about 1 1/2 fingers front and 2 fingers rear). Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance. :grin2:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.