Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 chevy cobalt it will start up then die instantly. I've changed the steering column, the fuelpump, crankshaft position sensor, the camshaft position sensor, battery, throttle peddle sensor, throttle body , still same issue.code reader keeps giving me new code each time can someone help

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not saying it is the problem. But in my experience, when a vehicle comes in and has something similar with drivability issues, and gives different codes after clearing them, might be a PCM issue. You’ve already put parts, and probably have tried to follow repairs going off of codes. But when codes keep changing, it would lead me to believe one or more module has a problem. Very hard to say. Electrical issues are the worst. This same thing has been discussed many, many times in the about two years I’ve been using this forum.

There’s been other members here with issues where the car will momentarily start. Or run fine and start acting up. Sometimes will be the PCM, others have had TCM and even BCM modules go bad.

Also there is the common issue of the wiring harness that runs beside the oil filter housing. It’ll rub against the metal and wear through into the wires. Then wires end up grounding out on the engine itself. I have replaced most, if not all, of the wire loom on the engine wiring harness and other wires inside the engine bay so to avoid such a mess. The wire loom on older cars starts to disintegrate. And these cars suffer from this a lot. Almost every Cobalt I’ve worked on has the wire loom that covers wiring under the hood coming apart when I’ve worked on them. Might give that a look. Right by the oil filter housing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts