Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I am a newbie and searched for some answers but no luck. If anyone can help, thanks in advance. I have 2005 Cobalt LS sport pkg. I bought pre-owned in 2007 with 29,000 miles. It currently has 53,000 miles and have had no problems. I change oil and filters, tires and brakes. I went to start it and it acted like a dead battery (it is the original), tried it again....nothing. I had lights and radio? I took the key out of ignition went back inside, called AAA. They showed up, the guy says get in and try to start. I put the key in and it fires right up?? He checks battery, starter and alternator and they all check out A-OK? I have been driving it for the last 3 days, no probs. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
is it a stick? you have to put your foot right to the floor to start it, not right down, it wont start

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
^^ that could have been the problem.

I had my clutch nutural safety switch go out on mine. Maybe that was the issue
touche my dear friend, lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
could be a switch/sensor of some sort, not too sure............

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I am having sort of a familiar problem as the original post. I have this car for almost 20 days know. It's an automatic 05 Cobalt sedan.

Three days after buying it, I put in a new battery of 1000 amps. Since two days ago when I start the car it acts like a dead battery, but the engine runs. I have a Voltage meter and it marks 12.27, 12.67, 12.0, (red light) and it's like crazy until it gets to 13.8, 14.1, 13.0, 12,8 etc. (after running it for 13 minutes or so).

I turn off the auto lights, and the voltage comes up a little higher. I don't know if it has the original alternator. I had a Montero and sold it because of this, I changed 3 alternators in one year. What can it be? New to this kind of car also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.