Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I changed my oil / oil filter had my trans oil n filter changed spark plugs changed
I took my brakes apart to paint em they seem fine there's no leaks or any thing but engine light keeps coming on... idk cars causing me to many problems it only has 49000 on it think ima just trade it in...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
My dad used to trade his trucks when the ashtray was full.

·
Registered
803 Posts
gets a code... trades it in..

bipolar? just think of what it could be, trouble shoot my man. dont get pissed, getting mad ddoes nothing.

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
My dad used to trade his trucks when the ashtray was full.
gets a code... trades it in..

bipolar? just think of what it could be, trouble shoot my man. dont get pissed, getting mad ddoes nothing.

What they said, a car is a car, if it brakes fix it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yea get the code for us to troubleshoot with you. Definitely cant hurt

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Agreed with the rest. It must be something else that we all can work together to remedy.

·
Registered
750 Posts
As stated numerous times before get the code read by auto zone or someone with a scan tool. Once you do that you will know every code its throwing and know what all needs to be fixed

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What did he do???The governer? Now I have tons of questions....

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'd clean your MAF and see if that takes care of it. I can't remember, do you have a K&N? Could be over-oiled. Also, when was the last time you changed your fuel filter? Could be a fuel pressure issue.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok ima try to explain like he did bbasically he gave me a tune up due to the system being lean he balance it he took the govner off of second gear to were when if hit second gear it went down and u had to hit gas again to pump to in second to third gear.. now its just each gear goes into each other instead of it going down in second... some body knows what I mean I hope by that..he tuned it cause of the k&n pulling in more air try to create more power but yet it wasn't pushing it out..hard to explain but it feels great n faster I know that

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Banker help!!!

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
i'm pretty much in a "wtf" mode right now too... there are no governor's on our car, it's all computer tuned... throw some injector cleaner in your gas, clean your throttle body, unplug your battery for 30 minutes, start it up, get it to operating temp, go to a stop sign and floor it to 60mph, that should help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.