Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it all started last week when the weather dropped down in the teens it was cold nshe wouldn't start, well I've charged the battery and she still won't start, she turns over but don't start. Please anyone with suggestions, all are welcome.please help. Ty Pennybalt06

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ignition coil is something that can just suddenly go bad. The coil on your car also has a ignition control module attached to it. I assume you’ve got an ‘06 2.2 liter. Other things that can suddenly go bad are the crank and cam sensors. To determine if those are bad you really need a scanner that can read the output of the sensors. Another thing that comes to mind is the PCM, or computer. Before I bought this car and joined this forum, I had no idea that bad PCM and TCM problems were so common. Hopefully you don’t have a bad module. Also you may want to check the fuel pressure. Fuel pumps can suddenly quite working.

Not sure if you’ve got any codes present. But there’s several different things you can do to check some things yourself. There’s several good YouTube how to videos that you can follow to check things yourself. If you have a multimeter you can check your ignition module. Cheap multimeters can be purchased at places like Harbor Freight for under $10.

Check out this video. It shows how to check the module yourself. Some of the other stuff may require tools you don’t have. Checking fuel pressure is done with a pressure tester. They can be rented from most auto parts stores for a refundable fee.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts