Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there:
I'm new here... just got a 2009 Chevy Cobalt and I love it. But I tried using the bluetooth with my Blackberry (it's illegal here in B.C. to drive with a cell phone in your hands) and the people I tried calling said they heard a lot of static. I couldn't hear any. I read the manual and it said anything plugged into the AUX spot might interfere, so I unplugged my iPod and it worked for a minute. But in the end it was still too staticky to carry on a conversation. Any idea how I can remedy this?
Thanks!

·
Registered
821 Posts
try making a call with the bluetooth to a friends phone thats actually with you, and spend a day figuring it out.

At least youll know for sure if they are in fact getting static on their end..... and not reverberance/echo from your stereo

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Make sure your headset is charged...my PS3 headset has a lot of static when it is low on charge. I can't hear it, but others complain when it happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I don't know if it was clear or not... I should add that I mean using the handsfree in the car. Where you talk into that little speaker over your head... thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so the phone runs through the stereo. The person on the other end of the line's voice comes out the speakers and I talk into the mic above my head attached to the roof. there is NO earpiece.

·
Registered
170 Posts
well the static might be from your end due to the mic you are using, honestly the only way you can really figure this out is to use an ear attached headset and see what happens. I used a bluetooth earpiece and I have not had anyone complain about static.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the OEM Bluetooth package and use it with a Blackberry too. I have not any complaints of static (although people have reported that it is not as clear as the Bluetooth in my other GM vehicle). Id say try it with friend nearby so it would be easy to compare and try to determine if it is your phone or the car. Since you also have OnStar, can you call OnStar and ask the rep how the audio sounds? As indicated above, OnStar uses the same MIC and some of the same electronics in the audio path -- you may have a bad mic, shield wire broken, poor ground, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.