Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im rocking the steelie/hubcap look ATM... trying to decide if i wanna rock the hubcaps and paint them black or just roll with the steelies... but they are a little rusty how can i clean them up and make them look purdy...(steelies)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
You can find some rust rmover at home depot. Spray on leave on for couple minutes and brush off with s steel brush. Then get a spray that prevents rust from building up. You can get that at home depot too.i Use the same stuff on my rotors

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I get the pleasure of rockin hubdubs again this winter when i take my rims off... ive thought about painting my hubdubs black, i dont wanna roll w/ just steelies tho, but the car didnt look bad before w/ just the stock hubcaps... i mean, as far as hubcaps go...

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Loke hailcesar said, use that rust remover, then once they are cleaned up. use some rustoleum (SP?) spray paint and paint them. It may not last too long, but the nice thing about steelies is they look better the more you paint them! lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I dont miss the steelies @ all. I couldnt wait to get rid of them. But yea I would go with a black rustoleum paint for the steelies after removing the surface rust. I used it a few years back on the transfercase of my last truck and it did a good job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some hubcaps look nicer than others.

However, I think you should paint them and keep them looking fresh. It shows that you have pride in your car.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I always thought it would be kinda cool to get some steelies chromed, I've seen it a couple times and it looked kinda nice.

when I was rocking my steelies I was trying to find some of those police car center caps and chrome rings, with my car being black, it looked sorta like an undercover cop car cuz the body was completely stock too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wonder if i can paint them on the car just fill in the holes im way to lazy to take the tires off to do it lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
i rode on my steelies for a while im not gonna lie they dont look to bad as long as ur balt is dropped but rustoleum paint always works

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.