Votes: 11 55.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for opinions, would it be better to leave my ugly hubcaps on or just run with the Steelies until I can afford rims.

·
Banned
384 Posts
keep the hbcaps

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well what is the magic way to keep your hubbies from making that damn rattle sound when you go over little bumps. It drives me crazy.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Well what is the magic way to keep your hubbies from making that damn rattle sound when you go over little bumps. It drives me crazy.
you could dynomat(or pad) around where the hubcap meets the rim???

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
id say drop your cap like 3 inches and keep the steelies take off the wing andf ull be looking pretty good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plan to drop it soon, and my car doesnt have a wing on it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
^^ good then ur car will look god with steelies i think.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have used double stick tape on another car I had to quite the hubcaps.
I guess it would be the same as padding.

·
Registered
26 Posts
take a look at mine, i have rims but took em off for the winter. i hate hubcaps!!! i am rockin the steelys with chrome tuner style lugs. steelys with the stock lugnuts looks like crap i think because they have the tread to screw on the caps.

·
Registered
575 Posts
For god sakes keep ur hubs until u get rims. Nothing looks more ricey/cheap/distasteful as a car without hubcaps and those black steelies glaring at you.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
gibby, i still think it'd be better running steelies. It's not rice without spice(decals and such) People who drive their cars with winters on run steelies, and just because it's a stock car on steelies, doesnt mean that it's rice.

Does the term rice(rally inspired cosmetic enhancements) bring into effect steelies? Hell, aftermarket rims are more rice than steelies!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Dropped cars on steelies don't look too bad. I'll be rockin' them for winter. Once I get winter tires that is. lol But It's a coin toss to leave them bare and just hit them with flat black, or stock hubcaps, or paint the hubcaps flat black too... so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I'd say steelies if your lowered. Then hit it with a little flat black rattle can like snake said.

·
Registered
575 Posts
gibby, i still think it'd be better running steelies. It's not rice without spice(decals and such) People who drive their cars with winters on run steelies, and just because it's a stock car on steelies, doesnt mean that it's rice.

Does the term rice(rally inspired cosmetic enhancements) bring into effect steelies? Hell, aftermarket rims are more rice than steelies!
I think its more distasteful and tacky. They put hubs on for a reason. Even if they don't look great or as good as a good set of rims, they still look better than wheels that look like you took a turn way to fast and they all fell off. As far as rice goes, it' just one thing I define as rice. I would just wait and get rims because I think it makes the car look cheap and crappy. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I think its more distasteful and tacky. They put hubs on for a reason. Even if they don't look great or as good as a good set of rims, they still look better than wheels that look like you took a turn way to fast and they all fell off. As far as rice goes, it' just one thing I define as rice. I would just wait and get rims because I think it makes the car look cheap and crappy. Just my 2 cents.
I will say "To each their own" really, cause i think it looks tacky having these plastic imitation hubcaps for steel wheels. In all honest opinion, it's up to the owner of the car to decide what they want. I got hubcaps with my corsica, so when i paid for it, i took my steel toed boots, and kicked the center of one cause i dont like them. The chrome rim trim doesnt look all that bad on steelies, but those sorry excuse for a surcharge on the sale of a vehicle, no thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well my springs are in the mail and Halos :bigsmile: So when they get here I think I'm going to go with the steelies. Thanks for all your input everyone!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.