Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All: I drive a 2010 Chev Cobalt LT. Has about 107,000 kms on it. Lately, I noticed that when I press in the button on the shifter, I hear a clicking noise in the steering column, it has never done this before. Any idea on what this can be? I've recently had the solenoid valves replaced. Any connection there?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi All: I drive a 2010 Chev Cobalt LT. Has about 107,000 kms on it. Lately, I noticed that when I press in the button on the shifter, I hear a clicking noise in the steering column, it has never done this before. Any idea on what this can be? I've recently had the solenoid valves replaced. Any connection there?
The clicking is coming from the thing that keeps you from turning the car off and removing the key without putting the car in park. You should be fine, nothing is likely broken. Mine's done this since I got it, so I didn't realized that it wasn't something everyone experienced :laugh2::laugh2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the feedback. Just weird that it would just start this. I've had the vehicle from brand new, so I'm the only driver and notice when things are different from the norm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.