Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I was told about a week ago I need a new steering rack and I found it online way cheaper than the cost of taking it in (obviously) but my question is, how difficult is the process? Is there a how-to anywhere or some sort of guide? Yes, I searched and found nothing but people having the same issue or similar issues. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Never done it on this car but have in the past. Not a lot of fun but you should be able to do it in five hours if you know even a decent amount about cars.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never done it on this car but have in the past. Not a lot of fun but you should be able to do it in five hours if you know even a decent amount about cars.
Yea... I've had this car for about 5 years and saved lots of money fixing it myself, just wanted to see if there was anything not so obvious I needed to know before giving it a go.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
It was straight forward for me but that was an 86 Daytona. There is a 26 year technological gap between there!!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well I've already posted the how on here somewhere. Just a matter of finding where.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I can't find it!!! So here they are again.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
This should take maybe 2 hrs to do, thats remove and install

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Sry I meant on a hoist, thought I finished my post by saying that but looks like I didnt. Hoists make life easier :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
according to guys on here you can get new ones cheap on ebay. I dont think used is a horrible option depending on cost.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Unless you can find a killer deal on used it will be better to go new. The cost difference wont be worth the miles that are already on the used one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.