Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steering Wheel Lock

11K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  acoutu 
#1 ·
alright, i am a new member, just signed up, and have a question hopefully someone can help me out with. had a few issues with the steering wheel locking and the key wont turn. i know the usual tricks and they do not work. anybody else have this prob and if so do you know how to fix it? its gotten to the point twice now where i had to get it towed to chevy, of course they cant find anythin wring with it!!! any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you.

#3 ·
I think it's a common problem. If it's under warranty take it in.

My key got stuck in the ignition and I couldn't turn the car off. They replaced the ignition under warranty.

#4 ·
yeah, twice now ive spent bout half hr tryin to get it unlocked and it wouldnt work. of course, it gets towed and starts right up for them so they dont even look at it. just tell me nothins wrong, look at me like im crazy, and send me on my way. hopefully somebody knows somethin cuz its cold here and i dont like sitting in a cold car that wont start, kinda sucks.

#5 ·
That is bad customer service, maybe you should PM ChevyCustSvc, she might be able to help you. Or do as I do put on your mad face and go in there blazzing. They'll fix your car just to shut you up.

#8 ·
well im not sure what you can do for me but thanks for the offer. this site wont let me pm cuz i dont have enough posts (anybody know why that is)? the car went to elm chevy in elmira ny. whatever other info you may need just let me know and thank you for your time and concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.