Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I have read in the forum that a couple of you work at the GM or any of you might know this my wife was driving my cobalt (last time after this), and she said the steering wheel got stocked so she hit pretty hard a sidewalk. and after that I noticed a loud clicking when turning the wheel basically had to change the whole steering wheel rack because of that. took it to my mechanic and that day found out that my car didn't have electric power steering that's what he said, but just got the letter from chevrolet when it says that I can take my car to my local dealer and get it fixed and if I had fixed any other problems related to his can get my money back. well my question is if got the letter that means I do have this electric power steering thing or they just sent the letter to all cobalt owners?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
all cobalts ever made by GM have this recall, and they're starting to send out the letters to take your car to the dealer to have this steering problem fixed, starting with cobalts on dealer lots and then working their way up from the '05's and up to the most recently sold 2010's.

so far i have only gotten a letter from GM about the fact that this recall was going on (as if it wasn't publicized enough already) and that they'll be sending me another letter once my car is up for being able to be taken in for the fix.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
All Cobalts have electric power steering. The cut off for the recall is all balts made before late Feb. 2009. I do not remember the exact day.

Seriously, if your mechanic told you that you did not have electric power steering you need to find a new mechanic ASAP.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I even went back today and asked him and he said he was 100% positive but I'm glad to know somebody does know this and I trsut you over my mechanic seriously need a new mechanic huh..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.