Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Quality stuff, looks good, i like that deck

·
Registered
257 Posts
I LOL'd at the distribution blocks those things are pretty cool what brand are they? Good jobs bro:-D

BTW, you need a photobucket acount..LOL...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Looks good ... i would have done an in-dash though..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Indash as in the one that has a large screen and you can play am/fm , cd's, ipod, watch dvd's and some have the navi' feature too

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the wiring harness i got from crutchfield.....they had two options, i chose the cheap $19 one and did not lose my info center/door dings.....etc..... then again my info center is displayed in the dash by the speedometer....not in the center console under the radio.

bkleindel added 4 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

I LOL'd at the distribution blocks those things are pretty cool what brand are they? Good jobs bro:-D

BTW, you need a photobucket acount..LOL...

i got'em from partsexpress.com best store EVER!! i also got my sub box dual 10" ported $45!!!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
i want to put a radio in my 07 but everywhere i go some one tell me iits need a special wire
crutchfield is great....if your using the pacific audio concepts unit make sure it's the c2r GM11 or else you'll get screwed like me.....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
so can you fit a double din DVD player in the 2006? and do you need the special wiring harness?
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/audio-video/9170-so-i-got-some-pics-my-car.html

yes a double din will fit. But jsut like any car its never a perfect fit. my installer had to cut some plastic with a knife and file down the top and sides of the player to make it fit perfect. Nothing that was done was harmful or can be seen in anyway. But yes tey do fit with some very slight modifications.(like every car)

as for the wire harness yes youll need a special wire harness. also an antenna adapter and a mounting kit. Whatyou can do ti head over to ...crutchfield.c o m and ask one of these tech support guys. Just say what do i need to install THIS head unit into my car. They will search crutchfield and fill ur shopping cart with everything you need.

you can then not buy it from them and head over to ebay or amazon.com and search those things that they put into your cart and buy them for much less.

i think you can find the ebay harness for like 2 bucks opposed to 30.

also the harness i used said it was for an 04-05 saturn ion, it still fit my car. I als heard a malibu harness will work, not 100% sure, ask the pros over at crutchfield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.