Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a few pics on my stereo just got it installed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pretty Sharp Man..nice Job

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That there is a seconde DIC, Without that I could not have a stereo in there, Well I could but then its jimmy rigged. So that is jsut another DIC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
looks very nice just one thing. Be VERY careful when dealing with those subs. I like the set-up but that box doesn't look like it has a lot of airspace which kickers always beg for. All I'm sayin is don't push em too hard or else expect to take advantage of any warranties you might have. Don't mean to hate, just givin my 2 cents and tryin to help you out. Nevertheless, Kicker 4 Life :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
nice trunk setup, and yes kickers 4 life:D
looks like mine but alot cleaner, still havnt built a box in my trunk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, ya i love kickers all the way. The box is a .90 CF but it is temperary, will build a full fiberglass box in the back when i get other stuff delt with first.

·
Registered
594 Posts
so you actually need that light up so the after market head unit will work?

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
thats what I kind of figure then,that would suck having to get just that,just to run a aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
you don't have to have that thing underneath the head unit do you? I got an aftermarket stereo installed the other day and I don't have one of those underneath mine. I just got a PAC GM Radio Integration Adapter PAC GM Radio Integration Adapter Allows aftermarket radio installation in select 2006-up General Motors vehicles (model C2R-GM11) at Crutchfield.com and that installs behind the radio. Then you don't loose your door chimes, turn signals and stuff like that
you severely over payed for that unit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
HOW DO THE KICKER SOUND IN THE CAR WITH THE BAD SOUND QUALITY AND ALL THE COBALTS HAVE.(srry 4 the caps didnt feel like re-typing)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Nice i like how you can see the wires and stuff, mostly i see that hidden i like to show the workings. i never needed an adapter i have all my turn signals and door chimes it just doesnt come on in accessory.

Snake890217 added 2 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

and it doesnt stay on after you take the key out. but everyting like dimming and stuff works the only thing that may be "jerry rigged" is the keep alive.

·
Registered
192 Posts
gmlan adapter is not necessary on cobalts. however, i am not sure on the pioneer system. an aftermarket stereo works fine without this adapter and i have the LS to prove it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well personally, that PAC unit is alot of money, forthe same amount you get another DIC and not just something shoved to the back. As for sound quality, doesnt sound bad for the money i put into it, but not as great as I had hoped.

And yes you do need One of these adapters to have everything work still, Door chimes, signals etc etc.

If you can prove that everything works and you didnt need any adapter or anything at all, i will applaude.

·
Registered
192 Posts
did you have the pioneer system?

blkbalt06 added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

my setup was on a 2006 LS with the base audio. to install the aftermarket HU all that was necessary was the wiring harness and the mounting kit. the only thing "special" to be done was running a wire for a constant power source.

·
Registered
594 Posts
that kind of sucks you need the adapter to make it work right with the lights ect

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.