Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up another Cobalt (somebody stop me!) It's a vandalized 06 Cobalt LT 2 Door with the Pioneer Sub (UQ3 & US8 ). They cut the main harness out so it's just wires everywhere.

So what do you guys think, replace with an OEM, or go aftermarket? I'm missing the OEM harness, so i'm wondering if that could be an issue trying to wire up a deck with the GM adapter thingy.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am planning on doing an aftermarket on my 06 with the sub. I think for every thing to still work properly you will still need to connect the factory harness back in since the radio uses GMLAN. After you put the factory harness back on you can connect the adapter that goes to the aftermarket radio.

If you have on-star and want to keep it you need another adapter as well.
If it has a factory XM antenna I am hoping you can use it for aftermarket XM, that is what I am trying to figure out before I do my install.

·
Registered
91 Posts
either choice you choose i think i'd still fix the factory harness that way you still have options down the road

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I think so too. I got a local guy who has his oem radio out of his ss/sc says he has both radio & harness so I might be in luck! Only other problem now is that I found out last night that they stole the amp, so now I gotta track that down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.