Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i want a good stereo but i dont wanna pay over 500 for it. i want the features of a LCD screen (doesnt have to b touch),aux input, GPS connectivity,and rear camera connectivity.ive looked at a few at best buy and the only things ive been able to find so far is the pioneer AVH-P5000DVD and the kenwood KVT-514 ,and im not even sure they have the GPS connectivity,but they are over $600 and i was hoping id ask and see if anyone has something with the features i want that they got under $500 so i could look into getting one.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I'd recommend, or at least what I would do, is go to a local stereo shop and tell them the same thing. You've got $500, this is what you want, what can the do for you. They'll be more willing to make a good offer than say best buy as well as installation options if you need 'em. (I'm stock at the moment so I'm not much help)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea,i dont need installation options,i just need a good sterio with the options that i want. and i would have went to a good stereo shop in the first place if there was 1 around me,unless someone knows of one around lacaster ohio/logan ohio im outta luck, the only places i could think of was best buy,or some place like wal-mart. if i ever go to columbus im sure i could find a few but the problem is i dont go to columbus often and i usually dont have the time to go all the way up there+the trip back.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
you're gonna be hard pressed to find one under 500 but as stickx911 said, if you go to somewhere that is a big chain you can probably get a deal

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
yea,i dont need installation options,i just need a good sterio with the options that i want. and i would have went to a good stereo shop in the first place if there was 1 around me,unless someone knows of one around lacaster ohio/logan ohio im outta luck, the only places i could think of was best buy,or some place like wal-mart. if i ever go to columbus im sure i could find a few but the problem is i dont go to columbus often and i usually dont have the time to go all the way up there+the trip back.
aye, sorry to hear that. in GA theres like 1 stereo shop for every 50 people. lol

I live in rural/suburban town and I know at least 7 stereo/tint shops within a 15 min drive.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
It will be real hard to find something like that for under $800, since they are relatively a new item. Give it a few years and they will be like the PS3's; stores not being able to give them away as there will be something better out.

I have yet to find one under $800 myself and add install puts price up to $1000-1300 due to all the extra wiring and labor.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok,i had found one when i visited the store last night and it was on sale for $380,it doesnt have the rear camera but i can live without that,i cant remember the model it was a pioneer. i tryed looking online for it at bestbuy.com and couldnt find it anywhere. but if i can get the cash soon ill prolly go with that.i believe it had GPS,bluetooth connectivty,not sure about AUX input,LCD touch screen, and obviously the AM/FM radio,and i believ it was also ready for satillite radio. im sure it had the AUX input because most HU that come with this have that and i think it said something about a ipod connectivity in it. hopefully the sale wont expire by the time i get some cash witch would b next month+idk what the originl price was,it didnt say

·
Registered
429 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.