Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really enjoyed my cobalt, and I am looking forward to putting more work into. Currently, the only performance work I've done is putting in my short ram air intake. Now I'm addicted! That was a lot of fun. (the work, as the performance gain was minimal, :bigsmile:)

I'm not sure what's next. I am looking to stick with the standard intake, header, and exhaust at first, but I do not know whats next, or if I should do both at the same time. But I still have some more research to do. I am open to ideas, links, and suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Well if you want to stay naturally aspirated then you can work towards being fully bolted. This would get you to around 180 hp

1. CAI
2. 2.4 intake Manifold
3. 2.4 throttle body
4. headers
5. downpipe
6. exhaust
7. tune
8. Lightweight alternator and crank pull

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

oh and welcome to the site

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
It's pretty much a thing cobalt's can do since all the manifold are interchangeable. You will need a tune for a 2.4 throttle body however, otherwise the computer will read it as an air leak and send the car into "limp mode". Otherwise known as engine power reduced.

·
Registered
872 Posts
as everyone else said, with the mods golfin listed you will be looking at 160-170 hp. the only option you really have on tuning is from Trifecta, but you might be able to find a shop locally to do it, but not likely. if you're an auto you can also look into a B&M Shiftplus. if u want u can go on nitrous; our cars are rated to handle a 75 shot just fine.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, I like how you painted the intake.
thanks, it definitely looks better that I thought it would. I figure it would stand out better than the gunmetal k&n defaults with.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Welcome! Interesting stripe youve got down the side of your car.
I never liked typical racing stripes, but i needed something to make the car feel more masculine to me. everyone around me that drives a yellow cobalt are teenage girls, so...I thought I'd make it stand out some :)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I thought I'd add. Before I bought this car in july I knew 0 about cars. I could change the oil in my cavalier but thats it, but I'm really trying to learn and pickup some knowledge about my vehicle.

I really don't know much yet, and a lot of the work I'm wanting done will have to be paid to be put it because I don't trust myself to do it on my own.

I really hope I won't bother you guys with my lack of knowledge, if I ask a really obviously stupid question, please feel free to tell me to google it some more. I promise I'll search for the answer before asking, but sometimes I'll get antsy and I wont be very thorough so feel free to call me out on it.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
as everyone else said, with the mods golfin listed you will be looking at 160-170 hp. the only option you really have on tuning is from Trifecta, but you might be able to find a shop locally to do it, but not likely. if you're an auto you can also look into a B&M Shiftplus. if u want u can go on nitrous; our cars are rated to handle a 75 shot just fine.
our 2.2s can handle a 75 shot?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
everyones gotta start somewhere. Its good you're keen to learn. any bigger pics of the side of the car?

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

our 2.2s can handle a 75 shot?
a 75 isn't much

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
it looks pretty good. definately unique. is it just on the sides?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.