Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way I can get a new remote to my keyless entry alarm system? My remote is broken and I have to keep locking and unlocking the doors manually

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure...the little bracket for the battery has been broken off for a while now, I've just had it taped. If it's not the remote what could it be?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is there any way I can get a new remote to my keyless entry alarm system? My remote is broken and I have to keep locking and unlocking the doors manually
New Keyobs can be purchased at the dealer or online. However....

From what I have read there is no End User Remote Programming (IE it won't work till you take it to the dealer and have them associate it with the car) like there is/was on some other gm cars.

I have an 05 with a keyfob like yours where the battery holder broke off and I just resoldered it on and it worked.

My 06 when I got it had a good keyfob with a new battery but the keyfob didn't work, I called the dealer and they told me $50.00 to have it reprogrammed.

Two Weeks after I got the car, some Intellegence Challeneged person rearended me, all of the sudden it started working again (it's back from the body shop now and luckily doesn't look or drive any different than before I got hit).

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Both of my FOBs are broken. The damn bracket for the battery is trashed. Whats funny is we bought a new silverado crew cab in 06 and I just looked at one of the old FOBs and its is held in there with some crazy plastic bracket that wont break off.

18,000 for car....... Cheap parts
44,000 for truck....... Quality!!!

Damn GM and their methods. These things arent covered under the warranty either are they??

·
Registered
53 Posts
New Keyobs can be purchased at the dealer or online. However....

From what I have read there is no End User Remote Programming (IE it won't work till you take it to the dealer and have them associate it with the car) like there is/was on some other gm cars.

This is true if you read on remote programing and it said you would need a dealer to program it. It sucks since alot of other gm vehicles you can do yourself. You can buy the gm remote online though at a discount then take it locally to have it programmed. You might check, this might be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anywho somehow it works again!!!!! so yay...Thanks for the few who posted...VOLUNTARY LOCK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.