Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question,does the stock head unit have a input/output (ill think of wha i mean later i just cant think of the exact word right now,lol) for subs in the back of it? I plan to hook up a box with subs+amp sometime and altough i would love to get a better head unit (most likely with the screen and a GPS connection)but do not have the cash.can someone give me advice???

ps i read the how to on installing them to a stock head unit but that drowns out the sound alittle(depending on witch rear speaker u choose) and id rather it b literally connected to the head unit,not running off of another speakers wires, i mean if thats the only option then sure but i wanna see if there is a way to directly "plug"it into the head unit

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

i would tear it apart my self and look but 1 im too lazy to do that and then it all be for nothing and 2 it seems alot simpler and faster just to ask people on here

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a really nice and loud system that is connected to the stock head unit for now. its not off a speaker. Its a big amp too. u should have no problem with this! all u need is the little converter piece to plug into the back of the head unit and then into ur amp. ( 2 or 4 channel depending on ur amp)

·
Registered
255 Posts
makes sense.. i just hate the thought of running wire through the whole damn car, but then again, i have to anyway for a kill switch, wait.. with it going to the HU, do the subs need a kill switch or no? sorry for stupid questions i just dont know much about subs

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats ok,im not sure about this,but i wouldnt think so,i just know alto of pple that kno alot about subs/head units,unfortunetly i wont see any1 with all this snow and i dont have their numbers,that and that my brother is just big on all audio stuff is how i know what i do,but i do not think (again im not certain) that u would need a kill switch

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
That's...all it talks about. You hook it up to the stock system via the line-out converter on the rear speakers.

That's how I run mine, and it sounds fine.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Not on the stock head unit, no.

That's why I have the line-out converter.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Basically, takes the feed from your rear speakers (in this case), and turns it into an RCA feed (red and white 1/4" jack) to an amplifier.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
No problemo!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.