Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a custom SRI, but i'm curious how to completely remove the stock CAI. My stock intake is removed, but the black piping that goes down, after the filter, is still bolted in. i can see it starting in my engine and comes right below my headlight. i have the headlight out and the black housing out, and i managed to find two bolts holding this intake piping on. i got one bolt off, but there's something else really deep in there and i don't think it's a 10mm bolt like everything else. any suggestions? there's gota be a way to get it off... i want to put a CAI eventually.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So much is making sense now! I always wondered what the airbox mod was, because the pictures would never load for me. And they still haven't...

Anyways, I got it out. I used a saw.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I must have had a different setup on my 2007LS,Itook my whole intake out when I installed the K&N with no problems and no removal of any major components,like headlights and fenders.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol well all i could find were two "bolts" holding the silencer on... one was a 10mm, kind of a pain to get to but i got it out.. and the other one was like, waaaay far in there, and i could barely reach it... and it wasn't a bolt, i think it was a plastic pin.... and i tried, but i could get it out. so i took a little hacksaw and, well, i got that part off... then, to get the rest of all that junk out, i used the hacksaw again. haha, and i got it out man!

oh yea man and i had the headlight out, and the black housing piece.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.