Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 2005 ls mostly stock and im heading up to milan dragway this friday and i was just wondering if i could get a rough idea of what my quarter mile time might be? Any input would be appreciated

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
hahhahahhahahhahhahahhahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha, 17 is about right.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
london didn't you remove your backseats? that should make it a weebit faster wouldn't it

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
The back seat is like 50lbs out of a 3k car. Not much of a difference!

·
Registered
334 Posts
let us know what times you put up. my guess is 15-16sec

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

what does the ss/sc and tc put down in a quarter mile?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Not really, but no better place to start then somewhere! Good luck and let us know what your times are.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Banker, left my phone at home. I'll stop out at Sonic's after dinner tonight. I get home around 5ish

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I knew there was an easy conversion, thanks bro!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Every 100lbs is a .0001 of a second gain
Actually, every 10~ WHP or about 100~ish lbs. is nearly a tenth of a second off the quarter mile.

I had an '07 LT Automatic with the following things done to it when I went to the strip and this is the time I pulled the time on the left:

Mods and anything done to it at the time were...

Progress RSB/Eibach springs
Hard pipe from factory TB to stock air box (modded) with a K&N drop-in
Headlight removed for airflow
Muffler deleted
Spare tire/jack removed from trunk
Hubcaps knocked off with tire pressure set around 30psi in the fronts (I had 205/55/15's instead of the factory 185's...so I probably could I cut pretty close to 16 flat in a pretty much stock car if I gutted it.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
1/4 times are making me miss the strip, I had the ss go as slow as a 15.4 on bad run to a 14.2 with stage II and tune and then a 13.5 when I went to zzp header/dp and intake and another tune plus driver mod. Plenty of things to improve too, my 60ft was never great.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.