Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 09 lt with the basic sound setup, so no bass, i got a stock cobalt sub enclosure, the one that sits on the left side of the trunk and a ok amp thats been in 5 of my buddys past cars, i was just wondering if anyone has any imput on how to wire it into the stock system

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did they just wire the amp after the rear speakers then to the sub, like splise a + and - line from the pos and neg going to and from the rears

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it does i already made sure of that

·
Registered
222 Posts
I heard there are special bolts for it I think a DIY is in order from someone I would really like to know cause this is a cheap alternative to a full out system. I mean I have a 2000w pyledriver amp laying around and its not going in anything anytime soon and noone wants to buy.

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im not meaning to hijack your thread, sorry if i do, but I also have the stock pioneer sub and i was wondering if buying an amp for it would make it sound better?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm thinking about changing out the sub for a better 10" sub but keeping the factory box since it sits out of the way.
I would also add an amp. As long as the amp has speaker level inputs (not just line level) you could add an amp. I don't know if the factory sub would be able to handle any additional power. That is why I want a better sub too. I think all get the pioneer shallow mount 10" that is meant for small enclosures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.