Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add some bass to my ls coupe. I've seen ss's with a stock pioneer sub in the side of the trunk. Anyway/where I can get this; and if so would I need an amp to go with it. Not looking to go beyond pioneer door/rear speakers. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
An amp adds the power to give ya some boom. If I were you I would just get your typical sub in a box setup. The stock SS sub was OK but nothing great, I took mine out and put my own setup in when I had mine. Well, I had some buds do it mostly as I was and still am dumb in that area beyond just replacing speakers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking for a very basic, clear and good sounding audio. Nothing comp level, and I don't want to get rid of a whole lot of space in my trunk. Tweeters would help but the bass is what I'm looking for. My stock setup sounds like shyt

·
Registered
658 Posts
I recommend one 10" sub with a compatible box (the sub should have a recommended box volume). That will save you some trunk space. And make sure the amp you go with pairs with the sub also (ohms). When shopping for a sub, look for a higher rms watts not peak watts. ;

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I put the stock sub into my base model and powered it with a pioneer 400wrms amp. Sounded awesome and gave more bass than I actually wanted.

Sent from the sexy electrician

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.